Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 AM

11 posts, read 36,885 times

Advertisements

Based on my previous thread, I want to know how you feel about the city you live in. DO you actually like living there, or do you hate it like the majority of people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times
I have a lot of love for new york city. But as soon as I get a chance, peace see you later. NYC is a fantastic city dont get me wrong but living here for a long time wears you out and the craziest part is you never really have time or energy to enjoy what the city has to offer.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 AM

420 posts, read 805,440 times
Yeah, I love it. Its the greatest place on the planet. All my friends love it too. And I have friends who make a ton of money to friends who are living on student loans. I don't know where you get this "the majority of people hate it" from. I can get a good job anywhere in the country and I chose to come back to NYC by choice.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:33 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyF View Post
Based on my previous thread, I want to know how you feel about the city you live in. DO you actually like living there, or do you hate it like the majority of people?
This is a crazy assumption to make that the "majority" of people hate living in NYC. Where are you getting this information?

Oh, it's from an informal survey of the people you personally know in your area in another state who have already left NYC ? That's a good way to design a survey -- ask people who dislike an area enough to move away whether they disliked the area they moved from. Of course the answer will be yes! Ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 AM

442 posts, read 1,297,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This is a crazy assumption to make that the "majority" of people hate living in NYC. Where are you getting this information?

Oh, it's from an informal survey of the people you personally know in your area in another state who have already left NYC ? That's a good way to design a survey -- ask people who dislike an area enough to move away whether they disliked the area they moved from. Of course the answer will be yes! Ridiculous.

based on her previous thread, most people who responded want to leave. thats where the info came from.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Nyc is kind of like having a girlfriend. I really have a direct relationship with the city. It has its up and downs, its ugly and some times pretty. I love you and i hate you. Nyc i dont like you but i love you. Eventually i hope to leave nyc and disperse out into rest of the country, the transplants can have my spot.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 AM

448 posts, read 685,538 times
If your talkin about Manhattan its cool to hang out, but waaaay over rated and over priced to live in. I LOVE living in Brooklyn though!!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
based on her previous thread, most people who responded want to leave. thats where the info came from.
Well, in a nutshell, that's a stupid place to get information to draw this kind of conclusion. I personally like NYC (7 out of 10) but I didn't answer her other thread because I found the topic to be boring. Of course it's a much more interesting topic to those who hate this place and just want to vent.

Oh, and btw, what do you think of my new survey: I am going to determine whether Americans are nice, sane and know how to write properly. The place I'm going to conduct my research is on the anonymous comments sections of news blogs because I believe this represents an accurate cross-section of America.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:31 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,528 times
I actually didn't realize how much I like NYC until I had moved to Jersey City.

I missed the convenience.

Yes Jersey is cool but it's nothing like "The Big Apple". I lived there for three years.

New York has a flavor no other city has and I guess it's true when they say "Once a NY'er always a NY'er".

Now that I'm back living here, I can say I'm never leaving again.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:05 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Nyc is kind of like having a girlfriend. I really have a direct relationship with the city. It has its up and downs, its ugly and some times pretty. I love you and i hate you. Nyc i dont like you but i love you. Eventually i hope to leave nyc and disperse out into rest of the country, the transplants can have my spot.
Same here when you are single you wish you had a girlfriend and when you have a girlfriend you want to be single and being in both situations are as expensive just like NYC! Pretty soon they midwesterners/transplants can have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City