Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It has to do with the cocktail of alcohol and guns,
In fact, it has to do with ghetto culture. This is the common denominator for all of the shootings.

Sure, you have your random crazy who shoots, especially now and again in New York, but that's not what this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
In fact, it has to do with ghetto culture.
I was trying to be polite.We all know where the alcohol/gun "house party"cocktail is popular on holiday weekends.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 PM

961 posts, read 2,464,801 times
Quote:
I was trying to be polite.We all know where the alcohol/gun "house party"cocktail is popular on holiday weekends.
This, I believe happens to be the main contributor. The Parkway wasn't even as crowded as it was previous years yet there was more violence. Like I said before, the difference this year, the proliferation of nutcrackers.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Of course.
I think there needs to be a lot more honest discussion about these things.
The PC thing has had its life and now needs to die completely in order that ACTUAL and practical solutions are found.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Of course.
I think there needs to be a lot more honest discussion about these things.
The PC thing has had its life and now needs to die completely in order that ACTUAL and practical solutions are found.
I agree but as with everything,the solution must come from within.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:12 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,548,530 times
There is a definite increase in crime in this city and not just shootings but robbery's too. Some of it is directly related to the bad economy......some people are becoming desperate!

A Frightening Walk Home For One Clinton Hill Woman: This Week's Police Blotter

Old 09-08-2011, 08:35 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
A hundred thousand drunken rednecks get together every weekend for a NASCAR race and manage not to shoot anyone. WTF is wrong with these people? Do we really need a parade for every group?
Was kind of thinking the same thing - Half a million folks get together in New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras every year and shootings are pretty rare - and those parades go on late into the night

Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I agree but as with everything,the solution must come from within.
Within what ? That community ? I do not think that will happen soon.

I was just out, around 10:20, children out on the streets, both hanging out with parents and running around unsupervised. On a school night, no less. If people cannot understand that their children do not perform well, in life or in school, because they are up and about all hours of the night, I don't think they will be able to initiate change any time soon. Change will need to be imposed and made mandatory, with far steeper consequences as regard children.

Unless you meant within the individual ? Do not know about that, either.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
We need MORE GUNS.

The only safe parade will be one where EVERYONE is packing. And don't assume that just ONE gun will keep you safe.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM

288 posts, read 566,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Was kind of thinking the same thing - Half a million folks get together in New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras every year and shootings are pretty rare - and those parades go on late into the night
In what kind of a dreamworld are you living?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City