Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 AM

9 posts, read 24,694 times

Advertisements

Thank You for all of your suggestions. We are calling on some places today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM

10 posts, read 51,850 times
Default What??

Jamaica's not that bad. It's not great but it's not that bad. You wanna see bad. Go to Brownsville, east new york or go to the BX. makes Jamaica look like forest hills

Old 02-10-2008, 04:52 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3in View Post
Jamaica's not that bad. It's not great but it's not that bad. You wanna see bad. Go to Brownsville, east new york or go to the BX. makes Jamaica look like forest hills
Agreed....

Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 AM

2 posts, read 6,134 times
jamaica is not that bad you say,yes it is compared to what it was 60 years ago.sixty years ago most people did not use their house keys plus the church doors were open 24 7.if you don't beleive it ask some one who was there 60 years ago.beleive me jamaica was a beautiful place.the only drawback from a black prspective was we did not have any polictcal power

Old 04-19-2010, 07:30 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxexjamaica View Post
jamaica is not that bad you say,yes it is compared to what it was 60 years ago.sixty years ago most people did not use their house keys plus the church doors were open 24 7.if you don't beleive it ask some one who was there 60 years ago.beleive me jamaica was a beautiful place.the only drawback from a black prspective was we did not have any polictcal power
Okay, it's not as good as it was SIXTY years ago. That's a long time, and every neighborhood was better or worse, a lot of things have happened in that time, and dwelling on it isn't going to change the way the neighborhood is now. It's not a bad neighborhood; I just wouldn't consider it a really good neighborhood either.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:57 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Jamaica isn't a bad neighborhood (just very very dirty). People confuse Jamaica & South Jamaica.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM

442 posts, read 1,297,110 times
why did this get brought up again? im almost done with this site it is getting pretty stupid

Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM

169 posts, read 489,963 times
Stick with Forest Hills, for the love of GOD!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 AM

32 posts, read 60,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedparent123 View Post
My 20 year old daughter just took an apartment on Liberty Ave in Jamaica, Queens, near York College. What kind of area is this like? Is it rough? Safe? Any info is appreciated.
A lot of the people replying to your question have probably never even been to Jamaica, Queens let alone lived there. (Lol @ one responder referencing Lloyd Banks and 50Cent...I guess he/she knows both of them personally smh). Anyhow, Liberty Ave near South Road is rough but as I've said before about South Jamaica, you have to be smart. Don't walk around scared as a mouse, clutching your purse in fear of an attack in the middle of the day (that will provoke more anger than anything) but don't go wandering around aimlessly in the middle of the night thinking you're invincible either. My ex boyfriend lived in South Jamaica and I never had an issue getting in and out of there. In the first place, a lot of the people got used to seeing me all the time (as may very well be the case with your kid) and secondly, if my boyfriend at the time wasn't paying for a cab for me to get home, he was walking me to a bus making sure I got on safely. Even now, when I go there with my best friend to visit her aunt or my cousin, we come together, we leave together. (My best friend is a 6'1" amazon chick and I'm far from weak so people will think twice before messing with us) Make sure your kid has a buddy or two she can rely on in that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City