Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 01:20 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvr again View Post
I lived in court plaza in a newly renovated wannabe "luxury" apt for a year. I just recently moved to williamsburg Brooklyn in Nov. I would NOT do this or ANY part of Queens EVER again. Im originally born and raised in Brooklyn and am SO releived to be back. First of all I had no idea there were subsidized apts in this building until it was too late. Crazy RENT (for anywhere in crappy queens) to live amongst the trash in this building. The doorman are useless, rude, and miserable. Dont expect them to ever open the door let alone buzz you in if you forget or dont have you key fob. Theyre all lazy especially the fat gross mouth breathing one that constantly says inapproriate things to EVERY woman that comes into that lobby. They all look like current/former drug addicts/alcaholics. The management is rude, useless, and don't ever take care of anything or have any idea of whats going on. The "live in" super is non existent, dont ever try to reach him by phone or any type of way because its impossible. I dont even think he actually exists. The only helpful person in that building is George. Dont let them try to trick you into thinking you'll get a parking spot in the garage anytime before at least 6 months AFTER you move in. The washing machines/dryers are always broken. Dont ever take the stairs unless you're a weed smoker because they always reek of marijuana. The neighborhood is depressing, filled with broke wannabe "i'm so high class" people that cant afford REAL luxury so they move to queens. Honestly felt like I was trapped in the united nations way too many indian people. Low class people everywhere infesting this building. I couldn't wait to move out of that crappy building & neighborhood and FINALLY get back to civilization. I NOW live in an actual high end neighborhood & luxury condominium building in williamsburg Brooklyn. My honest suggestion: DONT DO IT!!!
Go back to your ghetto trash, poverty-stricken of a boro, Brooklyn. First I thought you were just anti-Queens only to read further to find out you're a straight up bigot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 08:53 PM

13 posts, read 26,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychichi View Post
My experience is good, a nice building!
I just found out that I commented so few years ago. After leaving the building for 3 years, I am coming back to make some updates.

Not until living in a co-op as shareholder did I realize how much improvement the Court Plaza could do. Please note that it was 3 years ago, so the management team could be entirely different now. But at that time I thought it's just what it was, the Super Glenn was hard to find, not very responsive, I thought he was too busy. But my Super in the co-op is marvelous, so great that I finally get it - Glenn was not doing his job 100%.

A previous comment mentioned "George", yes George he was like the deputy super, but his title was handy-man. He was almost the only one, who was doing his job. There was another doorman was okay, I forgot his name. But most doormen couldn't compare with my current doormen.

I noticed there were always cigarette butts in the staircase, I tried to make sign warning those smokers, but in vein. Again, I didn't realize it was such a bad situation (previous post mentioned about marijuana). The compactor room was really filthy and smelly the first year we were there, but it was improved a lot later.

The reason we moved out was because the rental market was at a hit that time, the raise was too huge that we could offer a co-op at that price.

But the view was really great if you live on the higher floor facing west. And the natural light was so bright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City