Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 PM

226 posts, read 1,099,802 times

Advertisements

I recieved a letter from nycha stating that they have a 1 beedroom available for me in redhook west,van dyke, and tilden and after i select the developement,they will call me in for an interview. Which development is a better choice? I was thinking of choosing redhook but im not sure if the other two and decent ones as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 AM

21 posts, read 97,453 times
or you can stop contributing to the cities problems and live like everyone else. Why would you want to live in pulblic housing when you could get a cheap apartment in a crappy neighborhood? your going to be living among the same type of people in the projects as you would in a crappy neighborhood, except instead of them on the street they will be living in the apartment next to you. Tilden?? thats practically the most dangerous area in the city, its brownsville.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 AM

Or you can keep your lil 2 cents to yourself,you dont know how im living for starters. And furthermore, for anyone else who has revelent info to my question,please feel free to respond. A POS kind of person like jason should not even direct if bs comments to me in regards to this thread. People like that creature usually ASSume and end up making well you already know how to finish that quote idiot.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 AM

205 posts, read 979,373 times
How long did out take you to receive the letter from nycha?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 AM

The letter states my filing date is 5-19-2012 and i got the letter on 5-22-2012...however i had already applied since 4-11-2011, i just put in a new application back in feb 2012 to keep it updated

Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM

205 posts, read 979,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
The letter states my filing date is 5-19-2012 and i got the letter on 5-22-2012...however i had already applied since 4-11-2011, i just put in a new application back in feb 2012 to keep it updated
Oh ok. Same here. Except I applied march 2011 and renewed Jan 2012. They should call me soon hopefully for an interview.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM

175 posts, read 459,983 times
As soon as you pick your development it takes 1 to 2 weeks for them to respond is it the outreach program. They offer me something like that too but in the bronx. I don't know which one is better but maybe redhook I used to live downtown bk so that was closer to me but nycha website got this thing where you can look at the development and it tells you a little info about the pj

Old 06-04-2012, 03:59 PM

Also pjs are pjs no matter where you go. So theres no best one. I picked mine cuz it was close to my job school stores food places.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Trinigirl did you do the interview if so what did they ask you for? Whats the interview process like,how long u been waiting,if you dont mind can you tell me how ur experience is going so far

Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM

yeah i had my interview. after u pick your development they send you the application to fill out basic info name address etc. job info landlord information. who will be living in the apt a whole lot of papers. but one of them tells you your interview date and time and where to go. make sure you walk with your id your social security for you and your children if you have any. birth certificates everything. also walk with pay stubs. im giving you the general list but the application package will tell you everything what to bring. the interview is pretty simple just an overview of the application package and they ask you basic questions.

i fill out my initial application in june then i heard back from them in september saying the recieve my application. then at the end of feb i heard from them again offering me the outreach program. and it only had 4 developments to choose from in the bronx with one bedroom. two weeks into march i recieved the app package telling me my interview was 4/10/12. i havent heard back from them since but i check my status twice a week. when i called last wed they told me everything was good but they were waiting for my lanlord verification. i called my mangement to confirm and they had sent it out the week prior. so hopefully i should hear from them soon as soon as i do im going to post what they say because i notice on here once everybody get pass this step and get their letter they dont post anything else.

my experience was ok so far i know people have been waiting longer than me so im just grateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City