Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 04:28 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Anyone can rob or steal
Yes, even well dressed people. Nice clothes can even be bait like the phrase wolf in sheep's clothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Yes, even well dressed people. Nice clothes can even be bait like the phrase wolf in sheep's clothing
CNBC has a program titled: American Greed. 95% of the people that they show stealing millions from investors are always well dressed, "fast talking" white men working at financial institutions. Personally, I don't take issue with anyone's race but even knowing white men commit most of the white collar crimes, I still don't "profile" them.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
racist threads seem to be a-okay all day on this site
until someone calls them out on it, then that person gets
blamed as being the racist.

some okey-doke, backwards, flipped out thinking going
on on this joint.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
This is from my experience, onetime I was trying to hail a taxi at 59 and Lex, it was very cold wintery weather and no Taxi would not stop because I was wearing a Mt Erebus Northface coat. I had one of those Mentos moments, I took off my Northface took put it to the curb and make myself look like an ice cold frozen yuppie, an Alibaba Hibibi taxi driver stop and drove me to my crib In Mott Haven which was only 12 bucks. I can say this is a rascit thread very racsit but it is what it is. Usually I dont flag a cab if i see an Indian/Bengali/Paki/East Asian cab drivers I let those pass, I'm usually happy with better service from a white, black, hispanic, or Arabian cab drivers in the city. I had one taxi cab driver he said he does not drive anywhere past 161st street in the Bronx unless its Riverdale or the Bronx Zoo.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:47 PM

10 posts, read 10,972 times
Default Foh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I would NOT pick up any young blacks or hispanics wearing a hooded sweatshirt and/or oversized yankee hat! Why? Whenever there is a robbery or shooting of a taxi/livery cab driver, 9/10 times its either a young black or hispanic male wearing what I described above. Am I wrong? If you dont want to be profiled then dont dress the part! For the most part I myself dress neat casual, but I can recall one winter afternoon where I had to go pick up my car from the shop and threw on a black vest with black hooded sweatshirt and an army fatigue hat with the fatigue pants and timberland boots. Its not my usual attire but it was the first thing I saw that I didnt have to iron. Anyway, I could not catch a cab to save my life. They would slow down then speed right off as soon as they got a good look at me. You know what? I didnt even blame them. I wouldnt pick myself up if I were a cab driver and saw me.
And this is exactly why RACISM will never die, because of foolish statements like this. Please keep your racial prejudice profiling narrow minded thoughts to yourself. And lemme just say for the record, when almsot anyone decides to rob someone, whether they are black, white, hispanic, asian etc, they wear a hood because it is easier to disguise themselves. I cannot believe that you would even make that statement expecially considering the recent events in Florida. This is what I have to say, if you will spend the rest of your life judging books by their cover, then you my friend will live a life where it will never be fulfilled with intellegence, because even men in suits rob people

Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 PM

10 posts, read 10,972 times
While people in hoodies rob you for 20 -100 bucks, people in suits rob you for your life savings and then some. Think about that. Bernie Maddof robbed alot of folks, Ponzi did the same. And they didnt wear hoods lol

Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaBushwick View Post
While people in hoodies rob you for 20 -100 bucks, people in suits rob you for your life savings and then some. Think about that. Bernie Maddof robbed alot of folks, Ponzi did the same. And they didnt wear hoods lol
I have absolutely zero sympathy for the Madoff victims. Most of them were greedy people who were for the most part already financially well off and fell for a too good to be true deal and in the end got robbed. Madoff never put a gun to their heads demanding money. When you invest in the market its all a gamble. You might win, you might lose. These people chose to hand over their money to a person who ended up being untrustworthy.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaBushwick View Post
And this is exactly why RACISM will never die, because of foolish statements like this. Please keep your racial prejudice profiling narrow minded thoughts to yourself. And lemme just say for the record, when almsot anyone decides to rob someone, whether they are black, white, hispanic, asian etc, they wear a hood because it is easier to disguise themselves. I cannot believe that you would even make that statement expecially considering the recent events in Florida. This is what I have to say, if you will spend the rest of your life judging books by their cover, then you my friend will live a life where it will never be fulfilled with intellegence, because even men in suits rob people
There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved. The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Guess the Rev is as racist as can be.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM

91 posts, read 152,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
CNBC has a program titled: American Greed. 95% of the people that they show stealing millions from investors are always well dressed, "fast talking" white men working at financial institutions. Personally, I don't take issue with anyone's race but even knowing white men commit most of the white collar crimes, I still don't "profile" them.
I would absolutely profile white collar criminals as white, as well. I don't get why it's so wrong to expect certain things when statistics suggest that's the way things are?

Old 08-31-2012, 06:21 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCastaway View Post
I would absolutely profile white collar criminals as white, as well. I don't get why it's so wrong to expect certain things when statistics suggest that's the way things are?
How about child molesters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: