Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:18 AM

24 posts, read 55,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Sued > Shot
I make it a point to report any and all Taxis to the TLC that skip me for WHATEVER reason, and I have done so frequently. Taxis avoid me since they want to avoid going to the outer boroughs since all colored people OBVIOUSLY come from only the Bronx and Brooklyn.

**** that. If you take a Job driving a Yellow Taxi you are LEGALLY REQUIRED and OBLIGATED to take your passengers anywhere in the five boroughs. If you can't abide by the rules you should have chosen another profession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Take down license plate #, location & time

Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus Maximus View Post
I make it a point to report any and all Taxis to the TLC that skip me for WHATEVER reason, and I have done so frequently. Taxis avoid me since they want to avoid going to the outer boroughs since all colored people OBVIOUSLY come from only the Bronx and Brooklyn.

**** that. If you take a Job driving a Yellow Taxi you are LEGALLY REQUIRED and OBLIGATED to take your passengers anywhere in the five boroughs. If you can't abide by the rules you should have chosen another profession.
/thread

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus Maximus View Post

In a perfect world where everyone did as they were suppose to this would be the case. Unfortunately it's not.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
People are safer when they profile. The liberals are the ones that wanna cry racism anytime you profile.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
i guess you will be wasting a lot of gas
and not make any money then lol.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 AM

24 posts, read 55,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
In a perfect world where everyone did as they were suppose to this would be the case. Unfortunately it's not.
Which is why the TLC decides to deploy such mechanisms. And they work, for the most part. Screw me over and decide not to take me where I want to go based on how I look, I'll make sure the TLC hears about it and goes after your Hack license in response.

As for racial profiling, it's not as effective as you may think. What's the point of profiling Muslim people when most terrorism is domestic terrorism? So you think you won't get shot because you decide to avoid picking up a particular type of person dressed in a particular way? Your perceptions are based on what stereotypes you believe, not exactly on the truth.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Report drivers who do this here:
With location,time, Plate #, & car description.

NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission - File a Complaint

Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Well thank god your not a cab driver then

Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 AM

303 posts, read 603,883 times
Train>Taxi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: