Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 02:00 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
talking about the projects, I always wondered why on google street view projects never look as bad as they are in reality I mean on google pics you rarely see groups of people in front of the buildings, or on the benches, no thugs wandering on corners etc actually if I only based on google maps I wouldn't even mind going to brownsville in the middle of the summer but I guess reality is far from those pics...
The Google StreetView guys probably pick certain days and certain times to do certain neighborhoods. So they might do an area like Brownsville at 8AM (when you have adults going to work and kids going to school, so nobody's really hanging around yet) during the winter, vs. PM in the summer. Then at 8PM in the summer, they're out in a safer neighborhood.

I remember in another thread, somebody posted a picture of South Jamaica, and somebody commented that the way the sun was setting made it look as if the guy was trying to get out of there ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 02:17 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
The Google StreetView guys probably pick certain days and certain times to do certain neighborhoods. So they might do an area like Brownsville at 8AM (when you have adults going to work and kids going to school, so nobody's really hanging around yet) during the winter, vs. PM in the summer. Then at 8PM in the summer, they're out in a safer neighborhood.

I remember in another thread, somebody posted a picture of South Jamaica, and somebody commented that the way the sun was setting made it look as if the guy was trying to get out of there ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.
thanks for the reply, yes actually some pics in places like south side chicago or camden also look like they tried to get out of the neighborhood the fastest they could ^^

Old 06-08-2012, 03:21 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,828,128 times
Queens-40 projects and Edgemere

Brooklyn-Marcy

The Bronx-Soundview

Manhattan-not that sure i think its Harlem River Houses

Staten Island-Stapleton

Long Island-Queensbridge

Old 06-09-2012, 04:54 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jamaica,Queens boy View Post

Brooklyn-Marcy

The Bronx-Soundview

Staten Island-Stapleton

Long Island-Queensbridge
Uh, isn't that Queens? I think you forgot to type the word "City" after "Island"

Old 06-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Oh my bad

Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Quote:

Brooklyn-Marcy

The Bronx-Soundview

Staten Island-Stapleton

Long Island-Queensbridge

Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensg'z View Post
ahh i dont even know a whole lot of bk/brooklyn/manhattan ones, im from queens, southside jamaica, and yea i think those are worse then the far rock ones..2 shootings in 1 day in pomonok, id say its pretty bad.

Electchester is a decent area across from pomonok, mostly a mixed area.(black,white,latino). No shootings there, just robberies, break in- little petty stuff. Compared to pomonok
southside jamaica all day

Old 08-02-2012, 06:48 PM

14 posts, read 54,652 times
is unity plaza housing between Blake and Alabama safe to lived in

Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms benjamin View Post
is unity plaza housing between blake and alabama safe to lived in
no

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:

Brooklyn-Marcy

The Bronx-Soundview

Staten Island-Stapleton

Long Island-Queensbridge
Marcy is worse than projects in Brownsvile?

Assuming you meant Long Island City, I'm not surprised Queensbridge is the worst project in Long Island City. Probably the best one, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City