Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,045,592 times

Advertisements

In terms of Hispanic culture in the city, yes. NooYowkur, you definitely don't hear salsa played at clubs. It's always Bachata, Merengue, Dembow etc...all other Hispanics know and try to imitate our slang. Finally, a lot of hispanic mami's love them some Dominicans, so yes we are # 1 in culture.

However, PR's hold more weight in government.

Jews run the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
In terms of Hispanic culture in the city, yes. NooYowkur, you definitely don't hear salsa played at clubs. It's always Bachata, Merengue, Dembow etc...all other Hispanics know and try to imitate our slang. Finally, a lot of hispanic mami's love them some Dominicans, so yes we are # 1 in culture.

Jews run the world!
Your definitely right about the cultural thing. The women thing works both ways, because there are some women who have been burned by Dominican dudes so much they don't go near them anymore...

Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,773 times
Quote:

Jews run the world!

You good brah

My Chilean accent has served me very well with the ladies, but if you say Dominican Spanish is even better, then I gotta get in contact with some Tigres I know from uptown.

btw, you forgot about reggeaton, isn't that a Boricua creation?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
You good brah

My Chilean accent has served me very well with the ladies, but if you say Dominican Spanish is even better, then I gotta get in contact with some Tigres I know from uptown.

Ehh reggaeton is Panamanian really but PR's definitely took it to another level because most of the biggest artists are PR.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 AM

594 posts, read 1,634,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
You good brah

My wife is Chilena and in my opinion the chilean women are the best in latin america. They have the perfect mix of native/spanish/white heritage. Beautiful ladies.

But if I had to choose between Riqueñas and Domincanas, I'd go with Dominicans. I have the hots for both black and latin women, so the mixture of the two of them does me up right

And I've had the same experience in Chile with the accent, my lil' gringo twang when I speak Spanish drives the girls crazy here, along with the blue-green eyes. Back when I was single I used to just lay it on extra thick and get all the attention when I went out

Old 10-26-2012, 10:15 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Dominicans most likely run the black market illegal drug scene. In terms of Hispanic culture like music and dance Dominican culture is the number one Hispanic culture. Most Latino clubs play no salsa music, only merengue and bachata is played. Since most Dominicans are not citizens they lack politico power but its slowly growing. Politics for the Hispanic and Latino vote its all Boricua. Who runs NY economically Jews do, who runs NYC politically Blacks and Jews do. If you want to run for office make sure you visit a near by Baptist chruch or synagogue for support both blacks and Jews vote in large numbers in NYC.

Yeah huh huh, black and Jewish, black and Jewish, black and Jewish, black and Jewish. La haim ya dig?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
My wife is Chilena and in my opinion the chilean women are the best in latin america. They have the perfect mix of native/spanish/white heritage. Beautiful ladies.

But if I had to choose between Riqueñas and Domincanas, I'd go with Dominicans. I have the hots for both black and latin women, so the mixture of the two of them does me up right

And I've had the same experience in Chile with the accent, my lil' gringo twang when I speak Spanish drives the girls crazy here, along with the blue-green eyes. Back when I was single I used to just lay it on extra thick and get all the attention when I went out
Id becareful with Dominican chicks by 25 average typical Dr chick of west Bronx and the heights have 3 kids already by two different baby fathers. If you want a Dr chick my best bet is not to bring one up but move to DR and find yourself a nice 18 year old with slender body..

Old 10-26-2012, 10:18 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
Quote:

Jews run the world!
I've read on this forum that PR chicks up in Bridgeport goes hot when a Dominican dude from NYC comes to pay a visit and exaggerates his accent intermixed with Spanish words. Lol!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Dominicans most likely run the black market illegal drug scene. In terms of Hispanic culture like music and dance Dominican culture is the number one Hispanic culture. Most Latino clubs play no salsa music, only merengue and bachata is played. Since most Dominicans are not citizens they lack politico power but its slowly growing. Politics for the Hispanic and Latino vote its all Boricua. Who runs NY economically Jews do, who runs NYC politically Blacks and Jews do. If you want to run for office make sure you visit a near by Baptist chruch or synagogue for support both blacks and Jews vote in large numbers in NYC.

Yeah huh huh, black and Jewish, black and Jewish, black and Jewish, black and Jewish. La haim ya dig?
and after that pay a visit incognito at the PR synagogue/tempel on Beekman Ave. in Mott Haven.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Baby father drama? I'd rather taste the green than sip the honey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: