Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 AM

72 posts, read 127,559 times

Advertisements

Missing 11-Year-Old Boy Found At Union Square Subway Station: Gothamist

Crazy story!

Apparently he had run away before. The mom is 26 and the kid is 11. Sounds like the kid's home life is pretty bad. I feel bad for the kid. I hope he turns ok but considering how his home life probably is, I doubt it. Maybe a nice transplant family can trade in one of their pure bred canines for a kid like this and give him a shot at a better life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoNYC View Post
Maybe a nice transplant family can trade in one of their pure bred canines for a kid like this and give him a shot at a better life!
Trade? Pure bred canine? I know you're being sarcastic, but...

Old 03-11-2014, 11:21 AM

72 posts, read 127,559 times
You are reading too much into it.

I am actually ragging on the white bread transplants who pay lip service to multiculturalism and diversity but surround themselves with their own kind.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:46 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Kid doesn't sound too bright if he couldn't find his way home at the age of 11 or have enough sense to call somebody, but I'm glad this one didn't end up with a "remains found" story.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
How bad could his life be if his mother gave him chores?
That's a good life, if ya ask me. Maybe he is just spoiled.

I bet he learned his lesson now.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM

559 posts, read 1,111,966 times
A pure-bred canine--hell, any canine or feline or rodent or primate for that matter--would never run away. And it would always be faithful and affectionate and loyal.

Canines--and animals in general--are better than humans. That's why PETA is right for hating humans and preferring animals. Animals (unless they contract rabies) never betray, never disappoint, never reject.

In short, animals are a way of avoiding reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoNYC View Post
Missing 11-Year-Old Boy Found At Union Square Subway Station: Gothamist

Crazy story!

Apparently he had run away before. The mom is 26 and the kid is 11. Sounds like the kid's home life is pretty bad. I feel bad for the kid. I hope he turns ok but considering how his home life probably is, I doubt it. Maybe a nice transplant family can trade in one of their pure bred canines for a kid like this and give him a shot at a better life!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:15 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,253,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
A pure-bred canine--hell, any canine or feline or rodent or primate for that matter--would never run away. And it would always be faithful and affectionate and loyal.

Canines--and animals in general--are better than humans. That's why PETA is right for hating humans and preferring animals. Animals (unless they contract rabies) never betray, never disappoint, never reject.

In short, animals are a way of avoiding reality.
I wouldn't say that having a pet in your household is a way of avoiding reality. But animal hoarders are a different breed. I saw a documentary about a woman in Florida who had about 50 pigs on her property as "pets" and to make things worse she was sitting in a wheelchair. Finally the authorities stepped in. Probably she was trying to fulfill some inner void in her life with these pigs and running away from reality. Whatever gets you thru the night i guess and i don't judge but she really did create a horrible mess to all parts involved except for herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: