Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,729 times

Advertisements

Hello Barcelona! Parla Catalan? The reason why I bring that up is because my mom was born in Spain,in a small town close to Lerida,still have aunts/uncles living there as well in Barcelona. Last time I visited was back in the mid 90's,I am sure a lot has changed since then. I used to visit every summer when I was a kid,have many good memories as well as positive experiences.

My grandmother used to send turrones,both the hard and soft kind via airmail during the holidays. Churros was another favorite food for me. I haven't come across too many spaniards here in NYC to be honest with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 03:13 AM

5 posts, read 16,978 times
Hi vantastic10!!
Sí, parlo català...
We are very excited with our possible stage in NYC!!! If we go to live there, we can contact and speak spanish or catalan...
I've found an expat spaniards page www.spaniards.es, and probably you can find people in your city...

For the Spanish food, last week was presented the first JAMON IBERICO (the best ham in the world) in US. I think that turrones will arrive soon...

Lleida (Lerida) is a very nice place, and... Yes!! Barcelona changes every day and now is a great city growing near the beach... Fantastic!!

Old 01-27-2008, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,305 times
Hi there, Barcelona!

I actually have the opposite problem!

I will be moving to Barcelona with my soon 6 year old son and am right now in the middle of searching for good schools and neighbouhoods to live!

I am sure you could help me out a bit as you are actually from there

I lived in NY for two years and can recommened "Les enfants", it is a Montessori school in Astoria, Queens. It is very good and has kindergarten and all grades up to 6th grade. But I am not sure what kind of housing obtions there are if you would like to live nearby the school.

A good area to live with kids though is Riverdale, just above Manhattan. It is green and quiet with friendly people The public schools there are also good.

Would be happy to talk more with you, maybe through email?

Old 01-27-2008, 05:40 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,950,467 times
Three bedrooms for $4500??? I don't think that's possible in Manhattan. There are ONE bedroom apartments that rent for that amount. Ask your employer where the apartment is....It's tough on kids to commute every day...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 AM

5 posts, read 16,978 times
Yes, the idea is that the building is a property of this company, and offer to us at this price in the Upper East Side as a part of the payment.
4500 USD/month as a rent is incredibly expensive in Barcelona, and is one the more expensive cities in our country, but ...

Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,372,524 times
Yeah the Manhattan real estate market is kind of messed up. I think prices in London are somewhat similar though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelona View Post
Yes, the idea is that the building is a property of this company, and offer to us at this price in the Upper East Side as a part of the payment.
4500 USD/month as a rent is incredibly expensive in Barcelona, and is one the more expensive cities in our country, but ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City