Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM

108 posts, read 286,026 times

Advertisements

I'll just let the OP base their decision on whatever actual experiences may have been posted up here by actual people who have actually lived or have had actual experiences to relate, rather than base their decision on people who give give baseless generalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM

14 posts, read 17,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Bay Ridge has never been a Bensonhurst where you had reports on the national news of racism, that's why you have some people saying it isn't that bad.
Right. To me it's not about how much news coverage a place gets- if enough different people tell me the same thing enough times, I'll trust that there's some truth to it.

Don't care who gets salty or sensitive about it; the OP's got reason to be concerned.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,149,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I'll just let the OP base their decision on whatever actual experiences may have been posted up here by actual people who have actually lived or have had actual experiences to relate, rather than base their decision on people who give give baseless generalities.
Finally some common sense on this thread.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,412,426 times
maybe some of you should paint
ya faces black and walk around
the ridge, then get back to us lol.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:22 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,305,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11kap View Post
lmao!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
Yeah she's a White female with a Black male and you're a White male with a Black female... Not exactly the same thing and the hostility levels are completely different in those cases. I don't care how long you've lived there or dated Black women. Just not the same thing.

I wish I could sugarcoat the situation but that would be foolish of me esp. seeing what I've experienced and have seen with interracial couples. A few of my friends are dating Black women and they certainly get stares when they're out (and this is in the city mind you). If my friends were Black and the females were White I would imagine it would be even worse.

Last edited by Grosvenor; 06-03-2013 at 02:32 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,001,148 times
Quote:
LOL... Quite the contrary... One neighborhood has violent killings, the other historically hasn't cared for African-Americans and has had racist attacks on Black people, with a low Black population. Now it's one thing to take a chance and another to be in complete denial as if none of these things have happened. You seem to be doing the later. If the OP wants to move there then fine, but she should at least be aware of the some of the things she or her child or partner may face. We have no reason to make these things up. She asked for the hardcore facts and she's been given them. Now it's up to her to decide.
Put it like this, there a number of black neighborhoods that are far more dangerous to the OP's family than Bay Ridge. You do realize in these areas there is a huge issue with black on black crime?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,768,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Prediction: nothing would change. Actually, maybe I'd be picked sooner when choosing up sides for a pickup game of basketball. But that's about it.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,001,148 times
Quote:
lmao!!

Yeah she's a White female with a Black male and you're a White male with a Black female... Not exactly the same thing and the hostility levels are completely different in those cases. I don't care how long you've lived there or dated Black women. Just not the same thing.

I wish I could sugarcoat the situation but that would be foolish of me esp. seeing what I've experienced and have seen with interracial couples.
You are being obnoxious and argumentive at this point, and extremely disrespectful to the op. Mods this is race baiting. The op has heard everything from all sides, and will do as she pleases. Perhaps this thread should be locked.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,768,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Put it like this, there a number of black neighborhoods that are far more dangerous to the OP's family than Bay Ridge. You do realize in these areas there is a huge issue with black on black crime?
But that's ok! Far better to dodge bullets from your own people instead of dealing with some 90-year-old Italian lady STARING at me!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,812,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You are being obnoxious and argumentive at this point, and extremely disrespectful to the op. Mods this is race baiting. The op has heard everything from all sides, and will do as she pleases. Perhaps this thread should be locked.
You'll eventually learn on here... This form of race-baiting is totally acceptable my man... It's why this thread has been allowed to continue for 17 pages and counting while the thread on the bicyclist in South Williamsburg had to be removed three different times and then held under review as to what was deemed acceptable posts... it's pretty crazy the double standards but you'll get used to it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City