Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 02:43 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,305,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You are being obnoxious and argumentive at this point, and extremely disrespectful to the op. Mods this is race baiting. The op has heard everything from all sides, and will do as she pleases. Perhaps this thread should be locked.
Don't be ridiculous. Even the OP pointed this out. It's just a fact of life and one that even my friends have experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,411,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Prediction: nothing would change. Actually, maybe I'd be picked sooner when choosing up sides for a pickup game of basketball. But that's about it.

maybe, but you're kind of rapping tho,
so you should go find that out first lol.

it's ok to race-bait here as long as you're
not ranking on the so-called majority.
that gets them all upset and red in the
face, so the mods have to shut you down.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,767,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post

word.

I think.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
word.

I think.
I don't know what I think about this...

Old 06-03-2013, 03:10 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,767,210 times
G's up ho's down?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:45 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post

Yeah she's a White female with a Black male and you're a White male with a Black female... Not exactly the same thing and the hostility levels are completely different in those cases. I don't care how long you've lived there or dated Black women. Just not the same thing.
I don't agree with all the things Grosvenor said in the thread, but the bold part is true with all the races.
There is really a huge difference with the hostility levels with male and female pairing combo. And the
more attractive the female, the worse reception it gets from the other males who are the same race as
the female.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
I don't agree with all the things Grosvenor said in the thread, but the bold part is true with all the races.
There is really a huge difference with the hostility levels with male and female pairing combo. And the
more attractive the female, the worse reception it gets from the other males who are the same race as
the female.
No question about it and I'm sure the OP knows this too, hence why she made a point of mentioning it.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM

398 posts, read 1,393,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Can somebody Black that's lived in or currently lives in Bay Ridge please comment? Thats the only way we'll set the record straight.
I'm not black but I know for a fact there used to be heavy racism from Italians to blacks. In some cases it was warranted and in some cases it was uncalled for.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,996,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
No question about it and I'm sure the OP knows this too, hence why she made a point of mentioning it.
Notice she left the thread awhile ago. You and certain others turned her off entirely. Obviously she's not going to take anything from this thread seriously.

I've seen white women and black men in a number of parts walking down the street. Its common enough that no one would approach anyone on the street or otherwise directly approach someone like this. Ditto for any other racial combination. No one in NYC is going to say anything to you.

Meanwhile, because people here like to race bait, yet no one wants to address the hazards of living in a very poor all black neighborhood. That's FAR more dangerous than living in Bay Ridge.

What's the homicide rate of Bay Ridge verus the homicide rate of Brownsville? Why do I think far more Blacks are victims of crime in Brownsville?

For the record, I'm a gay black man and I've been all over the boroughs with gay men of other races. No one has said anything to me, ever on this. So if this is the situation with me, I'm pretty sure no one will approach the OP. And I really don't give a crap what people are thinking, its their brains and they have the right to think whatever they want. I will continue to do what I want to do.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,256,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revis Island View Post
I'm not black but I know for a fact there used to be heavy racism from Italians to blacks. In some cases it was warranted and in some cases it was uncalled for.
Racism is never warranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City