Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
New York is the mecca for almost every industry and if you're a woman who wants to get ahead in life in her particular field then you come here when you're young before you are settled down with kids. Everyone knows that once you have a family especially when you're a woman you can't put in the hours needed to get ahead in comparison to your male counterparts.
Unfortunately ... not true. We are expected to do everything and more.
You have the choice of becoming irrelevant professionally, of course. But few women I know choose that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,254,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Her IQ is like 157 by a post she made on another thread.
Even a highly intelligent individual can feel emotionally lost at times. I would say feel even more lost than aperson with average or below average intelligence. What you don't know can't hurt you which is the case with less intelligent persons.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-06-2013 at 10:36 AM..

Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM

233 posts, read 720,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
This girl lived in New York a time ago for christsakes. She knows what it is and what it isn't.
I was thinking the same thing..... and wasn't she miserable her entire time in NYC?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Even a highly intelligent individual can feel emotionally lost at times. I would say feel even more lost than aperson with average or below average intelligence. What you don't know can't hurt you which is the case with less intelligent persons.
Dude, she was in NYC not too long ago so asking this question is somewhat silly.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 PM

73 posts, read 69,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Unfortunately ... not true. We are expected to do everything and more.
You have the choice of becoming irrelevant professionally, of course. But few women I know choose that.
Oh, the humanity!

Old 07-06-2013, 02:57 PM

But seriously, NYC and just about anywhere else in the developed world is fine for women if you don't let silly expectations defined by media, conformity and the like define you!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:34 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget79 View Post
But seriously, NYC and just about anywhere else in the developed world is fine for women if you don't let silly expectations defined by media, conformity and the like define you!
How would you know ?

You are a self-proclaimed addict who lives on Coney Island because, as you put it, supplies are plentiful and police are scarce.
There is no experience or lifestyle that is more distant from my own than that one.

In fact, how would you know anything ?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
How would you know ?

You are a self-proclaimed addict who lives on Coney Island because, as you put it, supplies are plentiful and police are scarce.
There is no experience or lifestyle that is more distant from my own than that one.

In fact, how would you know anything ?
I happen to have deep family roots in Coney Island/Seagate. That it has certain advantages that led me to return here as an adult is a (happy) coincidence. Plus, I was giving advice to someone with an alternative lifestyle as to its "pros". There are plenty of reasons for norms to live here too however. Ocean Breeze, non-predatory rents and real estate prices, good transit, interesting architecture...

Old 07-09-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
I think it depends.
In a nutshell, yup.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 PM

33 posts, read 48,802 times
I haven't lived in nyc yet, but if I were a single women I would move to Southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City