Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM

245 posts, read 317,997 times

Advertisements

I love our summers. I don't go into the city often so the smell is a non-issue. But there is just something about Brooklyn summer nights that make me feel like a teenager again. The daily evening monsoons as of late I can do without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM

439 posts, read 896,327 times
Some people say New Jersey is worse. So.... be glad you don't live there.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM

26 posts, read 62,641 times
Default YES! I agree...

THis humid weather is disgusting it depresses me and makes me have no energy to do anything. I feel like my self-esteem drops too, maybe from being so sweaty. Every summer I dream of when I will not have to stay in NYC for the summer. I've lived in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dublin, Seattle, London... London and Seattle have perfect summers. L.A.s and San Francisco's also really great. But for me the New York summers are 3 months I want to fast-forward every year. And to people who compare to other cities like D.C., you can't do that because DC is a car city not a walking city, as New Yorkers we walk everywhere, well who cares how humid it is if you're in a car or building most of your life anyway.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM

274 posts, read 470,596 times
Put air conditioning in the subway stations and waiting areas just like LA. No problem in LA since they have air conditionings in the tunnels and waiting areas. What's up with NY? No air conditioning in the tunnels for subway and the stations!

Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bird View Post
Put air conditioning in the subway stations and waiting areas just like LA. No problem in LA since they have air conditionings in the tunnels and waiting areas. What's up with NY? No air conditioning in the tunnels for subway and the stations!
I have felt worse in the LA subway stations than I ever have in the NYC ones. Besides, we all know the NYC subway is way superior to LA's.

It's not as easy as you think to put AC in there.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
I love our summers. I don't go into the city often so the smell is a non-issue. But there is just something about Brooklyn summer nights that make me feel like a teenager again. The daily evening monsoons as of late I can do without.
I like it too. I dont know what it is but it inspires me. Makes me feel like a teen. Nothing better than a hot, humid black summer night.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 PM

37,154 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Just curious but does anyone on this forum live in a nabe that abuts the Atlantic (and not the Harbor)? Does it get any better there?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Just curious but does anyone on this forum live in a nabe that abuts the Atlantic (and not the Harbor)? Does it get any better there?
I do and at night I get a nice ocean breeze.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-12-2013, 06:50 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,500,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I have felt worse in the LA subway stations than I ever have in the NYC ones. Besides, we all know the NYC subway is way superior to LA's.

It's not as easy as you think to put AC in there.
Wow you really love NY huh?

Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Seems to have happened earlier this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamm View Post
Gahhh I cannot take this heat anymore!! Cannot wait until middle/end of September
I agree!! The high temps plus the humidity is the WORST!! What I don't understand is why is the humidity always so high in NYC in the summer yet we're on a coast, surrounded by water in fact (sounds, bays, rivers), and not located in a subtropical region? We get no benefit at all from being a coastal city when you think about it: no beautiful beaches, no ocean breezes, no long periods of 70 degrees days (San Diego). This place feels as hot and muggy as Itta Bena, Mississippi in August but we're still in July. Thankfully I have a window A/C. I'd planned to only turn it on at night but since is so muggy all day and night I keep the thing on all the time until I leave for work; I use the remote timer to turn it on before I get home so I can walk into a cool apt after a long day. If things go as it normally does, it will cool down at the end of August and by mid-Sept, I'll be wearing a sweater or lite jacket in the evenings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City