Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support "Stand your Ground" laws?
Yes 35 52.24%
No 32 47.76%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 PM

690 posts, read 964,323 times

Advertisements

apparently we have enough nutjobs round this area too
yall should move south where you will find like minded nutjobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
All the rallies and outcry was because it took so long for Zimmerman to be charged and the perceived lack of justice.

In the baby shooting case, a large manhunt was conducted, the suspects caught, and now five people have been indicted with two facing murder charges. Justice is being served. Why should there be an outcry when the system works?
No, why isnt their a speech by the POTUS speaking out against a white infant being murdered by these black marauders. I have to watch the news and see some fat slob woman holding a bag of skittles saying " Black men have to be sooooooooo careful in this country" Really????? FBI stats don't even come close to backing these claims up that the left wing media has been running with. 86% of all black homicide victims, the perp was black. 7% of all homicide victims where the victim was black, the perp was white. What number do you think is where whites were the homicide victims but the perp was black?............14% So, once again where is the public outcry? The truth is that most blacks are killed overwhelmingly by other blacks. It's not even close. Just spend a day in the southside of Chicago.

Fetober, justice to posters like you is ZImmerman being arrested and getting a jail sentence but that's not reality. ZImmerman should have NEVER been arrested or charged with a crime. The only reason he was charged was because of people like you. He acted within Florida's parameters of LAWS. Best question I heard last night on TV which was posed to a black female reporter. How come no outcry from the black community and liberal whites when OJ was cleared of double homicide. No federal inquires into OJ? No FBI tipline into OJ. Once again this is why their is a sizable population doesn't care about Zimmerman being cleared.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sorry, but this is the most god-awful absurd thing I've heard in a while. I'm guessing that New Yorkers are alraedy among the most security-conscious in the country. So you want to encourage more gnus?
As long as that security is government provided. "Don't worry ma'am, we're from the government."

That doesn't work for me, and I could care less if that offends you or anyone else.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:37 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
No, why isnt their a speech by the POTUS speaking out against a white infant being murdered by these black marauders.
Why would you need a speech about that? Speeches are generally given on controversial things to sway an audiences opinion one way or another. I don't think there's really any disagreement that the baby killing crime was heinous, whether anyone involved was white, black, or polka dot pink.

Preaching to the proverbial choir.

Quote:
Fetober, justice to posters like you is ZImmerman being arrested and getting a jail sentence but that's not reality. ZImmerman should have NEVER been arrested or charged with a crime. The only reason he was charged was because of people like you. He acted within Florida's parameters of LAWS.
Ok let's stop putting words into my mouth. I said people were outraged at the *perceived* lack of justice. Personally, I don't think Zimmerman should have taken the actions he did, but he did act within the confines of the law (regardless of the merits of the law), so I don't think the jury could have possibly reached any verdict other than not guilty.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 PM

690 posts, read 964,323 times
firearms related deaths, red states are in the lead! surprise, surprise USA FIREARMS DEATHS

Old 07-23-2013, 06:31 PM

575 posts, read 672,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
As mathjac says, it is fine for your home or apartment but a public street is NOT YOUR GROUND, it is OUR ground, same for subways, buses, escalators. Nor are stores, theaters, or restaurants YOUR ground.

Zimmerman was a murderer who got off because of a racist prosecution choosing a racist jury in a racist county in front of a racist judge.
Kefir, Kefir, Kefir,

WOW is all I can say. In FL, if you are in a place where you have every right to be, and not commiting a crime, like on a sidewalk, for example, or in a liquor store, or at Disney World or wherever, you don't have to retreat. IMHO, if you have the ability to retreat, you should. Unfortunately, when Martin slugged Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, jumped on top of him, punching him MMA style, banging his head into to the concrete sidewalk, and telling him he was gonna die tonight, then Zimmerman had no chance to retreat. He had to use self defense if he thought he was "gonna die tonight". That said, it was so clearly self defense that there was no need to assert the SYG defense.

Racist prosecution - YES, but not in Zimmerman's favor. Angela Corey (if that was her name) lied and cheated for months in the pre-trial period, failing to disclose exculpatory evidence. She even made racist comments after the verdict toward Zimmerman.

Racist judge - YES, but again in favor of the Prosecution. She ruled that so much evidence was not admissible that would have been hugely to Zimmerman's benefit. Those things Maritin bought, when mixed with codeine, and he had been looking for codeine, make some drug callede Lein. Not sure of the spelling but it's pronounced like lean or lien. He got kicked out of school for drug related offenses. He tweeted that he wanted to fight some dude again cause "he didn't bleed enough". His brother tweeted to him to asking if he punched out a bus driver. This kid was a trainwreck.

Jury - I don't know about them. 6 women and I think 5 were moms. They really had no choice based on the evidence. It was so clearly self defense.

Press - You didn't mention the racist press who published a picture of a 12 year old Martin, not the bad ass flipping a double bird. And fueled the fire racially that riled up Al and Jessie and a host of others who only looked at black and white and never at the actual facts. Hell, a cop or maybe it was the police chief got fired for not feeling there was a case to prosecute. Sure, a kid got killed but he brought it on himself and it was 100% self defense. And remember, it was Zimmerman calling the cops to report suspicious behavior of an unrecognized person on a rainy night.

Take care amigo. I appreciate your help on that earlier matter. You were right on that time.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Why would you need a speech about that? Speeches are generally given on controversial things to sway an audiences opinion one way or another. I don't think there's really any disagreement that the baby killing crime was heinous, whether anyone involved was white, black, or polka dot pink.

Preaching to the proverbial choir.

Ok let's stop putting words into my mouth. I said people were outraged at the *perceived* lack of justice. Personally, I don't think Zimmerman should have taken the actions he did, but he did act within the confines of the law (regardless of the merits of the law), so I don't think the jury could have possibly reached any verdict other than not guilty.
Your totally swinging and missing. The media which I think most would agree is a left/liberal thinking. They ran with this story from day one. Everyday, all day because of cable and the various internet sites. Why no explosive media coverage on this baby killing? Is it because the baby is white? Why no hollywood speeches and sports teams inviting the family into the lockerroom like trayvon's parents. (Miami and the Knicks). Most of America doesn't even know about this baby being killed. Where is the FBI tipline? Where is Eric Holder holding press conferences? All the above happen days right after the justified shooting. That former Police commish should be suing everyone. You would think after the Duke lacrosse fiasco that the media would figure it out as well as the usual racial merchants. BTW still waiting to see when the feds are going to investigate the OJ killings.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
Kefir, Kefir, Kefir,

WOW is all I can say. In FL, if you are in a place where you have every right to be, and not committing a crime, like on a sidewalk, for example, or in a liquor store, or at Disney World or wherever, you don't have to retreat. IMHO, if you have the ability to retreat, you should. Unfortunately, when Martin slugged Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, jumped on top of him, punching him MMA style, banging his head into to the concrete sidewalk, and telling him he was gonna die tonight, then Zimmerman had no chance to retreat. He had to use self defense if he thought he was "gonna die tonight". That said, it was so clearly self defense that there was no need to assert the SYG defense.

Racist prosecution - YES, but not in Zimmerman's favor. Angela Corey (if that was her name) lied and cheated for months in the pre-trial period, failing to disclose exculpatory evidence. She even made racist comments after the verdict toward Zimmerman.

Racist judge - YES, but again in favor of the Prosecution. She ruled that so much evidence was not admissible that would have been hugely to Zimmerman's benefit. Those things Maritin bought, when mixed with codeine, and he had been looking for codeine, make some drug callede Lein. Not sure of the spelling but it's pronounced like lean or lien. He got kicked out of school for drug related offenses. He tweeted that he wanted to fight some dude again cause "he didn't bleed enough". His brother tweeted to him to asking if he punched out a bus driver. This kid was a trainwreck.

Jury - I don't know about them. 6 women and I think 5 were moms. They really had no choice based on the evidence. It was so clearly self defense.

Press - You didn't mention the racist press who published a picture of a 12 year old Martin, not the bad ass flipping a double bird. And fueled the fire racially that riled up Al and Jessie and a host of others who only looked at black and white and never at the actual facts. Hell, a cop or maybe it was the police chief got fired for not feeling there was a case to prosecute. Sure, a kid got killed but he brought it on himself and it was 100% self defense. And remember, it was Zimmerman calling the cops to report suspicious behavior of an unrecognized person on a rainy night.

Take care amigo. I appreciate your help on that earlier matter. You were right on that time.
As we speak I read they are looking into prosecutorial misconduct on withholding evidence. Some gansta pics of Mr. Trayvon holding a "Gat".

Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
BTW still waiting to see when the feds are going to investigate the OJ killings.
Uh, how would the feds get jurisdiction to investigate the OJ case? Regardless, he's already been acquitted and there's something called the 5th amendment...

Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 PM

390 posts, read 941,358 times
Well if someone is viciously attacking you, why just sit there and take it? Pull out a gun and defend yourself.

It's either kill or be killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: