Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:30 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
It because the media has diluted Black men to thinking that Latinas are just an extension of Black women. Much of the media aimed a black men (especially young urban men) is saturated with latinas. They ate held out as some type of Ideal. It's brainwashing simple and plan. Here is a perfect example:

What about all the covers of that magazine with gorgeous Black women? I've seen them plenty of times. BTW that model looks like she is a Black latina, so what is your point exactly?

Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
The only Hispanic group that has deep seated, cultural bias against all things black is by far Dominicans. And that's driven by the wars/conflict with Haiti for 200 years. Walk down the street with "natural" black hair and oftentimes women are berated and humiliated for it in DR...that didn't just disappear when they moved here in large numbers. Ironically so many have similar phenotypes as Blacks I find it hard to reconcile how someone can look in the mirror, look at their parents, family, friends, and not see the strong black influence. It is really a fascinating psychosis the country and people are under.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will be first to admit there is a lot of self-hate and ignorance within DR community but you are off by a lot there. There is racism towards Blacks in all the Latin Caribbean countries and there is a lot of racism within PR community too. Did you not read "down these mean streets?" Come on Sobro.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 AM

251 posts, read 637,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Why do I need to look out for Blacks?

I didn't make all Blacks in the world. If a Black person wants a business, its not my responsibility to make it run. Do a good enough job with your business, and you'll get customers. Do a ****ty job with your business, then you have no customers and you go out of business.

Its plain and simple.

I understand, you want the best products and service for your dollar. But what I you also need for you to understand is that negative attitudes toward Black business cost us all dearly. Did you know that if Black Americans would spend more of there money with black businesses that we would be the 4th most powerful economy on the planet? We spend over 1 trillion dollars with other groups many of whom are hateful toward us. Some of whom even brag about how they can come into the black community treat the customers like trash and STILL fleece Black people out of huge amounts of wealth and put it into their coffers!

Do you understand 150 years after actually the enslavement black people only own 1 and 1/2 percent of wealth in this country? That's less wealth than we actually had during our enslavement! Other groups like the Koreans, Arabs, Chinese, Cubans come to America is with an ECONOMIC in tow but 50 years after the end of state sanction apartheid we are still are hoping in the good will of people who see us as racially inferior to feed and cloth us? Does that make sense? We have absolutely NO time for petty fight anymore. The door is almost closed on us and future our at bottom of this economic system is almost completely sealed. I can understand if you only care yourself but don't attack us that do about our future care.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:53 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
Quote:
Again, I just haven't seen this alleged comradery.
I'm assuming your from Philadelphia maybe because of the username but African Americans and Puerto Ricans in New York City get along very well, occupy the same neighborhoods, and in some cases work together too.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:56 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ive always felt like blacks usually got along better with puerto ricans than any other latino group. i think puerto ricans are more open to being in relationships w/ blacks.

has anyone else noticed this? agree or diagree
If we're all poor it doesn't matter.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM

251 posts, read 637,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
What about all the covers of that magazine with gorgeous Black women? I've seen them plenty of times. BTW that model looks like she is a Black latina, so what is your point exactly?
Here is my point and I'll make it clear: 1) Latinos are not "friends" of Blacks. Whether Puerto Ricans, Dominicans or Mexicans they are all the same toward us. 2) That "Black Latino" thing is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Most "black" hispanics are just as prejudice as there "White" hispanics counterparts. They called themselves "Black" when it is convenient.Its usually is a ruse to gain an economic opportunity then when they get what they want they simply but push their blackness to the side again 3) The biggest problem is not you guys but BLACK PEOPLE who insist in pushing the idea that latinos are there brothers. THEY ARE NOT!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Here is my point and I'll make it clear: 1) Latinos are not "friends" of Blacks. Whether Puerto Ricans, Dominicans or Mexicans they are all the same toward us. 2) That "Black Latino" thing is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Most "black" hispanics are just as prejudice as there "White" hispanics counterparts. They called themselves "Black" when it is convenient.Its usually is a ruse to gain an economic opportunity then when they get what they want they simply but push their blackness to the side again 3) The biggest problem is not you guys but BLACK PEOPLE who insist in pushing the idea that latinos are there brothers. THEY ARE NOT!
I think your an angry bitter person who just simply has something against Puerto Ricans or Latin American people for whatever reason.

As far as the black Latino comment yes there are Latinos who are black, and yes black and I'm Afro Latino myself. Latinos are not a race and Black Americans do not have a monopoly on blackness. So I think you should check what you say before you make these comments.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
NYer I am not claiming Dominicans are the only ones, I am saying they have issues with blacks that go far deeper than the usual anti-black mentality. And that's because of their couple hundred years of conflict with Haiti....not that Dominicans are bad people..but they have a history of conflict/war with blacks that no other caribbean Hispanic group has had to endure/experience.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
NYer I am not claiming Dominicans are the only ones, I am saying they have issues with blacks that go far deeper than the usual anti-black mentality. And that's because of their couple hundred years of conflict with Haiti....not that Dominicans are bad people..but they have a history of conflict/war with blacks that no other caribbean Hispanic group has had to endure/experience.
That was not a hundred years. Only a small few to be exact.

and many are black themselves so that does not make sense.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:36 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
I am not saying it makes sense....it is what it is...it is a couple hundred years of conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City