Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM

35 posts, read 84,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Exactly! The other thing is, most of the grumpy posters don't even know how to deal with a situation like this. What if her parents kick her out and she doesn't have enough money from her job to rent a room? Baby or no baby, things would be pretty much the same for her. She'd be homeless. OP, I gave you a bunch of websites and numbers from Westchester and the Bronx. Call them all, tell them your situation, and see what you can work out from there. Most of your questions will not get answered by most people on this board, and in part its not their place to. You need a professional to help you with your situation, which is why I gave you the websites and listings of professionally trained people who can help you with your situation. Let them deal with it. And good luck!
Thank you SO much for taking the time to help. I know I'm going places in life. It hurts that people come with all this negativity and are judgmental. It will come back to them one day somehow. God bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,613,644 times
kumbaya

Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,862,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlincolnpark View Post
I also made sure I did NOT get pregnant.

I am also 26 and I have had many many boyfriends and managed never to get pregnant. smh.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM

5,242 posts, read 5,062,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I've known plenty of people who got apartments from spending time in the shelter system, which is what the OP wants. So I gave the numbers of non profit organizations that would be able to advise her on how to do that.
she is not the first and will not be the last...it is a repeated violation of self responsibilty among too many citizens which cerate problems for the community. she deserves the sympathy and help so does a million others. bug how many can you save before the boat sinks altogether? too much humanity breeds its own problem and can be self destructive.

a friend of mine used to feed street cats in her back yard because she felt sorry for them. So there came one after another and ghey stRt to reproduce while more came from the nearby blocks. she had to take care of the kittens and mon and pop cats until she realized that there were two many to handle. this is a real life story and i chipped in for a while to help her out until it was time to call it quit.

this cat mentality is readily applicable to humans except that humans are supposedly smarter and could use it

Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,126,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithrose View Post
Thank you SO much for taking the time to help. I know I'm going places in life. It hurts that people come with all this negativity and are judgmental. It will come back to them one day somehow. God bless you
You're welcome and good luck!

Old 08-13-2013, 10:33 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,613,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I am also 26 and I have had many many boyfriends and managed never to get pregnant. smh.
But you're lucky a bad living situation, a poor choice of partner re. support (perhaps he had a nice smile or good sense of humor), a poor decision regarding action-and-possible-consequences, and recklessness didn't fall out of the sky on top of your head. You got it easy, so don't get all judgy, ok?

I got sympathy for the OP, but to carry on furthering the delusion that all this stuff just happens won't help. There's a reason shelters are full of people to whom drama always seems to target. A few really are victims of circumstance, most are victims of themselves but fail to see it.

Still, good luck, make sure that very useful degree is obtained, that's a good career ahead.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlincolnpark View Post
That calm place I was referring to was an APARTMENT of my own. Next time learn to stop being so judgmental and closed minded. You know NOTHING of my home life...how I tried relentlessly for student loans time and time again...how I tried time and time again for SCHOLARSHIPS..how violent it is in the father's home...how much crime exists in the neighborhood I'm in...how I suddenly became pregnant while on birth control. You know NONE of that! I'm expecting a child so what..but I'm going to school with a 3.9 GPA...I'm working for the NYCDOE with children with special needs. You really need to quit it and learn to be a good person. Hey, you never know...you could be in the hospital one day and I just might be the person to help save your life.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Its okay continue with the sarcasm and negativity. Watch it all come back to you some way some how.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,862,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
a poor choice of partner re. support (perhaps he had a nice smile or good sense of humor), .

You have no idea about anyone I have ever been involved with. Having a nice smile doesn't mean "Oh lets have a baby"

Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Really ? Which school, exactly ?
Lehman College. It's not a big time university but the tuition is suitable. I've tried to dorm application but there is a huge waiting list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City