Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernski View Post
In that case, keep coming to C-D to raise your consciousness. I question everything & don't trust reporters.

That's too bad. Your base of knowledge will indeed be very, very small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:07 PM

483 posts, read 870,431 times
I humbly enlarge my limited knowledge base by doing independent research. I'd rather live by verifying sources and not be a lemming stuck in the Matrix. I trust in speaking truth to power.

Surely, you know most news your friends work in IS controlled by corporate media?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:14 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernski View Post
I humbly enlarge my limited knowledge base by doing independent research. I'd rather live by verifying sources and not be a lemming stuck in the Matrix. I trust in speaking truth to power.

Do you realize most news your friends work in is controlled by corporate media?
Yep. And they still manage to do honest, clear, and compelling work. The inner workings of media organizations are more complex than you may know. It certainly isn't as simple as greedy owners always telling some dumb staff what, when and how to report something. Much more complex and at times more convoluted process than that. Long story short, the traditional media does not have nearly the influence it did in the days before the Internet, but it still has some.

But that is a discussion for another thread.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 AM

3 posts, read 4,980 times
Most of these murders in central harlem are drug related, a dealer shoots another dealer (etc) at close range in his home which is usually a NYCHA project or on a stoop of a crack house. I'm not condoning this behavior, but the average upstanding citizen is not the target. There is also a no snitch policy among thugs where nobody will tell the police anything or they will blatantly lie to them. The murder rate for the 28th precinct has gone down dramatically this year. The fact is manhattan is a small island and the population is increasing, since only a small percentage of people actually qualify for subsidized housing it creates a situation where people cannot afford to live where they want to live. So they look for places they can afford and since harlem is changing and has fantastic subway access with close proximity to Central Park, why not live there? Of course you won't want to live next to a big block of NYCHA projects, but there are plenty of safe streets to live now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City