Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,611,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
With all the bikers in NYC, never in my life have I seen or heard of bikers "attacking" ANYONE on the road like this.
I still wonder what happened to provoke the madness that ensued because it isn't clear.

Of course, it's a tragic that the driver was beaten. It's tragic as well that a biker was run over.

smh at all of this name calling and the negative generalizations about bikers as well as these macho remarks about "What I would have done to those thugs"...
View the video of bikers attacking a Prius in 2011. View the video of the bikers brake checking the Range Rover and surrounding it. View the video of how the bikers rode illegally in the streets in the hours before the attack. The bikers were already provoking madness in the streets and looking for trouble.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 AM

18,492 posts, read 31,705,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Suspend their licenses, and don't allow them to drive any time soon.

And of course, they have to do time.

oh yeah, that will really work
isnt that why mieses is crippled now.

for obeying laws

Old 10-14-2013, 11:28 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,168,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
With all the bikers in NYC, never in my life have I seen or heard of bikers "attacking" ANYONE on the road like this.
I still wonder what happened to provoke the madness that ensued because it isn't clear.

Of course, it's a tragic that the driver was beaten. It's tragic as well that a biker was run over.

smh at all of this name calling and the negative generalizations about bikers as well as these macho remarks about "What I would have done to those thugs"...
What provoked the madness was Cruz brake checking the SUV and consequently the SUV tapping Cruz. This little fender bender (that Cruz initiated and was already charged for) was the provocation. It's right there on the video and Cruz's arrest and charges have been detailed in all the news outlets.

And as for your never having seen or heard of bikers attacking anyone on the road like this -- so what? What kind of point are you trying to make? Because you've never heard of them attacking anyone means that they also didn't attack anyone in this case? If you're saying that because you haven't heard of them attacking anyone before, that they must have been strongly "provoked" into attacking, that point would not hold any water. It's clear from their actions on the video tape what kind of behavior they are willing and able to engage in.

If you are a driver in the NYC area, you would know that driving around here means you encounter bad driving, aggressive driving, incompetent driving, annoying driving, etc. basically every time you go out. That doesn't give you the right to get out of your car and beat the annoying/incompetent/aggressive driver senseless. In fact, it doesn't give you the right to do anything beyond honk your horn or call the police if you see something extremely dangerous or if you get hit.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,773,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
What provoked the madness was Cruz brake checking the SUV and consequently the SUV tapping Cruz. This little fender bender (that Cruz initiated and was already charged for) was the provocation. It's right there on the video and Cruz's arrest and charges have been detailed in all the news outlets.

And as for your never having seen or heard of bikers attacking anyone on the road like this -- so what? What kind of point are you trying to make? Because you've never heard of them attacking anyone means that they also didn't attack anyone in this case? If you're saying that because you haven't heard of them attacking anyone before, that they must have been strongly "provoked" into attacking, that point would not hold any water. It's clear from their actions on the video tape what kind of behavior they are willing and able to engage in.

If you are a driver in the NYC area, you would know that driving around here means you encounter bad driving, aggressive driving, incompetent driving, annoying driving, etc. basically every time you go out. That doesn't give you the right to get out of your car and beat the annoying/incompetent/aggressive driver senseless. In fact, it doesn't give you the right to do anything beyond honk your horn or call the police if you see something extremely dangerous or if you get hit.
The reason is these guys look back and saw an Asian family to pick on.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,044,607 times
I love all the pathetic excuses that they had to make up after the event was exposed to the world via video. I bet they didn't even think of anything until they found out the video was out there. Would've loved to see their internal thought process at that particular moment.

Pathetic.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,043,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I love all the pathetic excuses that they had to make up after the event was exposed to the world via video. I bet they didn't even think of anything until they found out the video was out there. Would've loved to see their internal thought process at that particular moment.

Pathetic.
Supposedly, the driver's wife threw a water bottle at them which escalated events.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,583,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
View the video of bikers attacking a Prius in 2011. View the video of the bikers brake checking the Range Rover and surrounding it. View the video of how the bikers rode illegally in the streets in the hours before the attack. The bikers were already provoking madness in the streets and looking for trouble.
She still won't see the evidence, if you know what I mean.
Its like the republicans shutting down the government then tea-partiers standing outraged at the veteran's memorial saying "why is the government shut down? This is an outrage!"

Sane people raise their eyebrows or just ignore. The extremist deniers join the pretense.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:14 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,225,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Supposedly, the driver's wife threw a water bottle at them which escalated events.
Lol, yea ok. I heard that too, but highly unlikely. She most likely was cleaning up the diarrhea in her skirt from her fear of being surrounded by this pack of scumbags. I believe the water bottle story as much as the biker who said he was just trying to help the situation.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,225,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
She still won't see the evidence, if you know what I mean.
Its like the republicans shutting down the government then tea-partiers standing outraged at the veteran's memorial saying "why is the government shut down? This is an outrage!"

Sane people raise their eyebrows or just ignore. The extremist deniers join the pretense.
Hey bright light, this Obama's shutdown. They offered to fund every aspect but obamacare, it's Barry who said all or nothing. So please try not to make a fool of yourself, I know the truth hurts.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,109,094 times
Suffolk Highway Patrol arrested seven bikers today for reckless driving. I guess it is possible for the police to do something about the bikers if they want to.

Link (paysite for full article):
Cops: 7 motorcycles on LIE impounded after reports of reckless driving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City