Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,015,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
God gold and cocaine are the money makers in Guyanese economy. Guyana does have positive growth thanks to gold. I highly doubt Guyana will have the highest growth without its brightwst minds. Guyana is usually a dumping ground for both Latin America and the anglo Caribbean. Guyana can never get better with masses going America, Barbados, Canada, Brazil, Trinidad for better life and Cuba for studies.
I knew a gay white dude who had a Guyanese lover. The Guyanese was actually Guyanese American, his parents were from Guyana. The Guyanese family lived in the states and were involved in cocaine importing. They used their small shop in Queens as a cover and would send someone to Guyana to stay for a couple of months, supposedly visiting family. Then the person would come back. But once when the gay Guyanese and his white lover went to Guyana to import coke, they got busted by the Guyanese authorities. Only the white dude had talked the Guyanese dude into carrying all the coke. So the Guyanese dude went to jail in Guyana (the white dude showed me the newspapers). The sister of the Guyanese dude said the Guyanese dude and her brother were amateurs. She went with some chicks to Guyana to import coke like a pro. The Guyanese arrested them at the airport. The white dude showed me the newspapers too. The authorities arrested them. When they wouldn't talk they took off their clothes, made them sleep on the floor naked, didn't give them food for a few days. The lady tried bribing her way out of jail, but they took her bribe money and laughed. She ended up hiring a lawyer and finally got out of jail like 6 months later. She quit the cocaine business. Said she was traumatized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 01:37 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,346,927 times
Quote:
To think of it I would like to go to Guyana and open up a brothel full of hot Brazilian, Venezuelan and Colombian women.
Now that's an idea I can get behind!

...If you know what I mean

Old 02-09-2014, 02:01 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,749,927 times
Quote:
To think of it I would like to go to Guyana and open up a brothel full of hot Brazilian, Venezuelan and Colombian women.
So your ambition is to run a slave house for runaway teenage girls where you force them to sell their bodies until they don't have one left to sell? Congratulations

Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,429,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And have them make $2 a screw? If Guyana is as broke as you say why would these women move to Guyana to be hookers?
Well Dominican prostitutes are all over the Caribbean and use that screw money to send back to the DR.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:26 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,704,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Well Dominican prostitutes are all over the Caribbean and use that screw money to send back to the DR.
Yes especially in Haiti.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:00 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,429,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Yes especially in Haiti.
I've never been to Haiti so I always found this weird. but I did go to Guadeloupe and it's safe to say 100 percent of the prostitutes in that country are from the Dominican Republic.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,564,433 times
I don't know how a thread about Puerto Rico became a thread about Guyana, but I have to object to Bronxguyanese's idea of Guyana not existing anymore as a country. Aside from personal reasons due to being Guyanese-American, politically and socially, giving the land away to Venezuela or Brazil would bring a lot of issues and conflicts that will not be solved easily.

OT: I think there is a good chance to see more PRs coming into NYC; albeit, not at the rate of the 50s, but I would not be surprised to see more in existing PR neighborhoods like the South Bronx, East Harlem, Bushwick etc. In fact, I came across an article a few weeks ago that dealt with an accidental shooting in Bushwick that involved two brothers that just recently arrived from PR, so it's definitely possible to see a higher number of PRs.

Last edited by njnyckid; 02-09-2014 at 05:55 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 05:53 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,015,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I don't know how a thread about Puerto Rico became a thread about Guyana, but I have to object to Bronxguyanese's idea of Guyana not existing anymore as a country. Aside from personal reasons due to being Guyanese-American, politically and socially, giving the land away to Venezuela or Brazil would bring a lot of issues and conflicts that will not be solved easily.

OT: I think there is a good chance to see more PRs coming into NYC; albeit, not at the rate of the 50s, but I would not be surprised to see more in existing PR neighborhoods like the South Bronx, East Harlem, Bushwick etc. In fact, I came across an article a few weeks ago that dealt with an accidental shooting in Bushwick that involved two brothers that just recently arrived from PR, so it's definitely possible to a higher number of PRs.
NYC always has people coming and going. Do keep in mind a number of Puerto Ricans have moved out of NYC in recent years as well. And today, the top destinations for Puerto Ricans from the island are Florida and Texas.

Someone from every place in the world is always coming to NYC. But that doesn't mean you'll have a huge wave of people from that place.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,564,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
NYC always has people coming and going. Do keep in mind a number of Puerto Ricans have moved out of NYC in recent years as well. And today, the top destinations for Puerto Ricans from the island are Florida and Texas.

Someone from every place in the world is always coming to NYC. But that doesn't mean you'll have a huge wave of people from that place.
I'm aware of those things. All I said is that there is a possibility of seeing a higher number of PRs and I noted that it won't be like the 50s if it happens.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,704,692 times
Quote:
I'm aware of those things. All I said is that there is a possibility of seeing a higher number of PRs and I noted that it won't be like the 50s if it happens.
This is very true.

and Puerto Ricans are still coming to New York City.

Just not in large or significant numbers as previous decades.

Quote:

OT: I think there is a good chance to see more PRs coming into NYC; albeit, not at the rate of the 50s, but I would not be surprised to see more in existing PR neighborhoods like the South Bronx, East Harlem, Bushwick etc. In fact, I came across an article a few weeks ago that dealt with an accidental shooting in Bushwick that involved two brothers that just recently arrived from PR, so it's definitely possible to see a higher number of PRs.
and I do notice that the recent ones who come to NYC seem to be going to Bushwick and not the Boogie down Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City