Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonid5354 View Post
Hey guys can anyone tell me what list number they are up to for 6063... (this might be a tiring question for some...sorry...)...
They reached up to #484....this has been another episode of an answer given to a question asked several times before,thanks for watching,good night.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:29 PM

149 posts, read 203,316 times
why are routes still being ran up, theres no more going home afterwards, come in at 130 handover the 350 for relay and sign out at 230. you **** and Sh*t $5 on doubleshot espresso's, use your head

Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 PM

4 posts, read 7,077 times
Default patience

I've logged on to this thread from time to time in actuality it seems like one of the few places where u canget a straight answer or at the lest sceptical speculation. My list number is 720 something and with the current economy the way it is if there is a hiring freeze god willing the list will be extended.2 questions;1)Being that so much time has passed will i have to take either the physical(moving cans) or medical again?
2)Ive heard a possible class in 2009 may be called,any body with any new news will b a good look. thanks

Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 PM

136 posts, read 294,007 times
thanks pipez your man enough to admit you were wrong for what you said before you got on......but heres the real question now that you know what its like dumping and staying out what will you dowhen you have enough time and work with a newbie what will you do run up the route or stay out ????????lol guess salsan has too much time on the job to post anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
kinda have to admit The Commisioner is right on that one .. I didn't want to dump , but when you get on and your the lowest thing around you kinda have to go with the flow... What you say now does change when you get on and see how districts do things... just ride the wave and go home with all your parts... lolol

Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 AM

176 posts, read 374,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoitzphil View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the forums but I'm #756 on the list. I got my CDL at floyd bennet in july. I just got mail from the dmv about a speeding ticket I got in jan 2007 up in herkimer county. I paid the ticket off in full at the time and did not receive any documentation from the DMV until this week stating I have 6 points on my license and. I need to pay a 300 dollar assessment fee. So I went to the dmv but the woman told me I don't have any points on my license. So my question is when I was doing the pre employment paper work for sanitation I didn't disclose my speeding ticket because I had forgotten about it so what should I do, if anything? Thanks in advance

Well, we're all not gonna remember everything we do or have done especially when your doing Pre-Orientation work. Try as we all may, we're only human. I would say hold on to the letter they sent you because of the date on the letter which is after your pre- empl. work. Also, you should maybe get a copy of your DMV record so this way you can show proof that you have no points on your record. Hope this helps.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:28 AM

300 posts, read 659,338 times
Running is nice ... But there are times when you don't feel up to it and staying out is cool .. To answer your question i would rather run and dump ..

Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM

32 posts, read 135,014 times
i feel that we shouldn't run but give back work!!!! if my partner was willing i would be out till 2:20 every day.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM

108 posts, read 272,047 times
No Retro UNTIL January.....better late then never.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:12 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
When this thread gets slow I backtrack and read some of the earlier pages. This one made me laugh. Turkey Tuesday was responding to DSNY

sanman1221
befriend

Default take a bow TT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post

"See couldnt you play nice. I have ignored you for so long, but you just cant help yourself.
I have not been at work much to run and dump. On vacation and stuff
(when you have a little time you dont have to take vacation in March, October and February)
but it is nice to see that all your dump crusading has fell on deaf ears.

The new guys have fallen in nicely to the ranks of finishing early.lol They marvel at
what times the collection crews return to the garage and strive for the chance to show everyone what their made of.
Sometime in the near future the likes of you will only exist in random sightings like "the Loch Ness Monster and El Chupacabra". Like hey " I heard someone saw a truck stayout and not dump" response " Thats bull s h i t must be a hoax their is no such thing." When I do return I will give you a wave on my way back from the dump. Maybe give you my free water when you are on mlp or handbroom at 830. Counting the hours till you can take a slow ride in "Que the eerie music and
laugh" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha....................................

__________________________________________________ __________________________
TAKE A BOW TT. For months we read hear on this forum how we shouldn't dump and stuff.
Now look just a month into the job and newbies are trying to break records.

Oh by the way Turkey that was really good come back I enjoyed that.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM

12 posts, read 27,864 times
Why do so many DSNY Workers go for the Class B CDL? Is it easier than the Class A? I go to get the permit this Tuesday I am so freakin' nervous about failing it. Any advice?? Also, should I take all parts of the test on the same day? I hear guys who say they take one part then come back for the other parts. Any advice would be great.

Last edited by migster; 11-22-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City