Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 09:43 PM

19 posts, read 28,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya813r View Post
BY the way I hope your interview went well!!
Yes, the interview did go well! Now we play the waiting game. The woman who interviewed me said that people have already started to move in and while I was there I overheard them talking about someone coming to sign a lease. Have you reached out to the person who interviewed you yet? They may have some answers on what is taking so long. She told me the whole verification process takes 4-6 weeks but I figure that's if they actually rush it. Hopefully it comes through before I have to renew my current lease!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 04:34 PM

10 posts, read 24,113 times
Can anyone who has interviewed tell me what happens when you go in? I have an interview next week but have never gone through anything like this before. Any advice or information from those who have gone through the interview with this particular building would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Old 06-01-2014, 03:24 PM

10 posts, read 24,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellskitchenmom View Post
Yes, the interview did go well! Now we play the waiting game. The woman who interviewed me said that people have already started to move in and while I was there I overheard them talking about someone coming to sign a lease. Have you reached out to the person who interviewed you yet? They may have some answers on what is taking so long. She told me the whole verification process takes 4-6 weeks but I figure that's if they actually rush it. Hopefully it comes through before I have to renew my current lease!

Great to hear that it went well!! What happens at the interview?

Old 06-05-2014, 12:43 PM

19 posts, read 45,841 times
Has anyone got a call for home visit?....

Old 06-08-2014, 05:57 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
From today's Times:

Quote:

Abington House, at 500 West 30th
Street near the High Line in West Chelsea, is a new luxury residential building
and, like a lot of new luxury developments in Manhattan, it’s extremely
expensive. The cheapest two-bedroom apartment now listed there rents for $5,850
a month. That gets you only one bathroom; a two-bed, two-bath can run as high as
$8,695.

But 78 apartments in the building, or 20 percent of the
total, are set aside as affordable housing under New York City’s “inclusionary
zoning” program. That means 19 two-bedroom apartments are priced from $687 to
$873 — about a 90 percent discount to market rents. Those apartments were
granted to 19 households that make from $25,612 to $42,950 a year and won a
housing lottery the city held last year.
Why do developers do it?
Quote:
New York’s inclusionary zoning program is voluntary: Developers agree to set
aside 20 percent of the units, and, in exchange, they are permitted to build 33
percent more square feet than is otherwise permitted.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:22 PM

7 posts, read 12,972 times
If you are not qualified for any reason, do they tell you immediately at the interview or soon after? Is it a good sign to have had the interview and to not have heard anything after a few weeks?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 AM

19 posts, read 45,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc35 View Post
If you are not qualified for any reason, do they tell you immediately at the interview or soon after? Is it a good sign to have had the interview and to not have heard anything after a few weeks?
Yes, it a good sign, if you get a letter back than it usually means bad sign. I just got my apartment, so if anyone need any further information regarding the process feel free to ask.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 AM

158 posts, read 303,986 times
Quote:
Yes, it a good sign, if you get a letter back than it usually means bad sign. I just got my apartment, so if anyone need any further information regarding the process feel free to ask.
Congrats Maya!
May I ask how long it took to hear back from HPD that the city approved your application? And did they ever do a home visit? Thanks.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:15 AM

7 posts, read 12,972 times
Quote:
Congrats on getting the apt! Very exciting! What was the timeline and what steps were involved after your initial interview?

Old 06-22-2014, 01:32 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Problem all "luxury" rentals both in GV and elsewhere in Manhattan face is that for the rents being asked a good part of their target demographic often sees purchasing as a better deal. Even more so long as mortgage rates remain quite low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City