Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM

424 posts, read 593,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
All I know is that for the last 5 years,people have been coming on this site in Spring saying that the only reason the crime rate was down was because it was winter and predicting a big Summer crime spike which would mean a big increase in crime stats by the end of the year.

So far,it hasn't happened.

I'm sort of getting sick of waiting.
Personally, I've never really felt like that myself. I've always enjoyed how safe Brooklyn has become over the years.

But last year, I really saw things for the first time -- in years, get worst in my neck of the woods. Last month, someone got shot in my barbershop and it wasn't even reported on any news outlets. I still haven't gotten a new haircut.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:31 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
Personally, I've never really felt like that myself. I've always enjoyed how safe Brooklyn has become over the years.

But last year, I really saw things for the first time -- in years, get worst in my neck of the woods. Last month, someone got shot in my barbershop and it wasn't even reported on any news outlets. I still haven't gotten a new haircut.
What is your neck of the woods ? Because,honestly,even now that it has gotten warmer,my sense is that in my neighborhood things feel safer and better all the time.Is the crime rate actually up in your neighborhood or are you spooked because of that one incident ?

Old 05-12-2014, 05:57 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Lately? And yes they're coming out of their winter hibernation. Only going to get worse.
I agree it is only going to get worse. If you can spend your Summer else where then do so. Don't spend it in NYC. The heat gets people angry. I have never seen so many mentally ill individuals such as in NYC... so yeah always be careful of those too. There will be more fights, and more deaths. Always avoid arguments if you can as it can escalate. Ultimately, be aware of your surroundings.. Also, if you are in the 'hood' always walk tough like you own the street. Don't over do it though.. This way people will say that you are tough and won't mess with you. I'm from the South Bronx. So I know how it is in the hood.

Last edited by nycricanpapi; 05-12-2014 at 07:08 PM..

Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
What we need is the Predator who would be out on the hunt on those hot days.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:09 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
lol I know right.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,931 times
Quote:

. . .

So far,it hasn't happened.

I'm sort of getting sick of waiting.
So, let me get this right. You can't wait for a spike in crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I agree it is only going to get worse. If you can spend your Summer else where then do so. Don't spend it in NYC. The heat gets people angry. I have never seen so many mentally ill individuals such as in NYC... so yeah always be careful of those too. There will be more fights, and more deaths. Always avoid arguments if you can as it can escalate. Ultimately, be aware of your surroundings.. Also, if you are in the 'hood' always walk tough like you own the street. Don't over do it though.. This way people will say that you are tough and won't mess with you. I'm from the South Bronx. So I know how it is in the hood.
Happens all over the nation. I remember when I was a kid they used to say this, as soon as the weather got hot people were gonna fight and they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Yeah that or a cartoon character name Hoodrat man. Kick all the hood rat a$$es.lol

Old 05-12-2014, 07:31 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
What is your neck of the woods ? Because,honestly,even now that it has gotten warmer,my sense is that in my neighborhood things feel safer and better all the time.Is the crime rate actually up in your neighborhood or are you spooked because of that one incident ?
Yup, I never really felt unsafe in the ol' hood (PP). Glad to see it's basically the same..more or less.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:05 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,451 times
This is hardly news. Pppssshhttt. Yall know when the mercury rises...the hood gets poppin !!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
I see these same posts every year when the weather gets warmer. "Crime exploding" "Bye bye hipsters" "the hood is out of control" etc. The ghettos in this city always have higher murders and crime, that's why they're ghettos. Do these type of crimes actually surprise people?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 PM

151 posts, read 404,932 times
it seems like there are so many hoods and ghettos nowadays. if people are poor then people are poor. But the way hoodrats live is just disgusting. This is why poverty will never go away. Some folks are forever lazy and have zero personal responsibility. That's really what it comes down to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City