Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 AM

46 posts, read 94,707 times

Advertisements

the test was fairly easy any idea on when we will receive our grades

Old 02-09-2015, 07:58 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,972,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victore6 View Post
the test was fairly easy any idea on when we will receive our grades
Been answered a bunch of times already buy approximately 6-8 months , could be less or more.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 AM

not bad. alot of people walked off the line and left they didnt want to wait

Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 AM

69 posts, read 156,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
I remember everyone thinking my test was super easy, no one thought they were getting less than a 105, out of 40,000 less than 250 got a 105 or better. I myself thought for sure I had a perfect score, I ended up with a 100 (95+5) which on my exam was 3 wrong.
These tests are designed to just make sure your focused and paying attention. To this day I can't figure out which ones I possibly could have gotten wrong lol a lot of people take it's simplness too lightly and end up making dumb preventable mistakes. Those 3 questions cost me 6 years of waiting. With this new test those 3 wrong coulda ment not even getting the job.
I hope you do get a perfect score, but everyone takes this tests so lightly when they shouldn't. 100k people want about 2000 spots, good luck bud!

No set time frame but expect about 6 months of waiting until you get a list number.

Yea man, I think many people under estimated the exam
I mean it wasn't as tough as the " preparation " books are
But it can be very frustrating. Many of the questions at least in my opinion
Weren't exactly written correctly. There was a few which two or three choices seemed like a good answer
When I finished my test I didn't have much time to look it over or review my answrs
I took my time slowly.. Overall I think the tougher questions ended up stumping me
And after I handed my test in kissed this job good-bye because you need 100% correct with 90,000 test takers

Old 02-09-2015, 08:14 AM

i completely agreed the test was easy but it sets you to fail if your brain doesnt know how to adjust to the questions being answered. the highest grade any single person can get is 125

5 extra points for being a resident
10 points for being in the armed forces
10 points if a parent passed away during 9/11

im not to sure if theres another added bonus ill get to you on that

Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,972,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkoolaid View Post
Weren't exactly written correctly. There was a few which two or three choices seemed like a good answer
When I finished my test I didn't have much time to look it over or review my answrs
I took my time slowly.. Overall I think the tougher questions ended up stumping me
And after I handed my test in kissed this job good-bye because you need 100% correct with 90,000 test takers
If you felt like some questions were debatable, go to the protest session, questions do get thrown out, on my supervisors test we just took they threw out 3 questions that were protested.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
If you felt like some questions were debatable, go to the protest session, questions do get thrown out, on my supervisors test we just took they threw out 3 questions that were protested.
now we can protest the questions after we get our grade or prior to

Old 02-09-2015, 08:44 AM

439 posts, read 896,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkoolaid View Post
I know exactly what you're talking about. "Those" questions in particular were the tricky ones for me, especially the last one. I do believe if people do get lower scores because of those questions, I think the last one I mentioned could be protested with the right argument.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:52 AM

3 posts, read 9,805 times
Can someone please help me out..I forgot to Fill out the ny residency by accident. I am a ny resident is there anyway I can provide proof of residency and still get the 5 points? Does anyone have the number that I can call to ask this question. I'm so upset with myself

Old 02-09-2015, 09:37 AM

6 posts, read 14,605 times
not sure if they are going to post the results - wondering if anyone has posted their answers to compare??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City