Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times

Advertisements

I need to get out of finance. This banking job is not cutting it and I am clearly doing something wrong. I will PM you.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:08 PM

200 posts, read 374,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
I need to get out of finance. This banking job is not cutting it and I am clearly doing something wrong. I will PM you.

Should have been a trader.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:31 PM

10 posts, read 19,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebday View Post
My assumption would be that this would only apply for the low-income and not for moderate income, since for low-income you have to re-certify annually whereas moderate income is a one-time deal. According to the website:

"Participants in the low income program will need to recertify annually. Participants in the middle or moderate income program will only need to certify their incomes once prior to initial lease signing, regardless of how long they remain tenants of the buildings."

In the case of low income, it makes sense. Has anyone in moderate income been asked to recertify prior to lease signing, or informed that they would have to recertify at a later point?
yes we are in the moderate income bracket and will have to requalify within 120 days of move in

Old 05-21-2015, 07:41 PM

63 posts, read 110,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Babydoll, this is the real world where nobody really gets 20% plus annual increase anymore unless they land a completely new job and 20% is hard to come by, so the chances of that happening where one becomes "disqualified" seem kinda slim. I'm sure if you switched jobs now, you might get a 10K or 15K salary increase, but not a 50K hike.

If a Starbucks cashier makes $10.00 an hour now and lands an office job as a receptionist, what is the likelihood that the cashier now makes 60K versus the 25K that a Starbucks cashier makes annually by working full time? No employer would give an individual that kinda pay increase based on prior pay and work experience.

HPS Applicant, I showed up at the building to speed up the process and was turned away. Just sent another follow up email today and no response. I was told 2 months ago to schedule an interview and to this day nothing. Everytime I inquire about scheduling an appointment, I get the same automatic response which leads to a bunch of nothing. Kinda like Bill Cosby and those allegations against him. Whenever asked to comment on the subject, he says something random and meaningless that amounts to a big pile of "nothing".
If you received the interview letter, you will see it has an address where to come in person to schedule the interview. It is nowhere near the buildings, this is why they turned you away. If you haven't scheduled an interview they have most probably skipped you and continued on to the next person in line. Best bet is to show up at the office (not onsite at the buildings) and schedule your interview. I waited three days for a callback and then decided to come down in person.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:05 PM

BRANDNEW, I received an email asking me to schedule an interview and everytime I provided dates and times, I'd get the run around. HPS initiated the email to me asking me to provide paystubs and tax returns and asking me to schedule a date and everytime I do, I get the automated response. Scheduling the interview was not the other way around.

Has nothing to do with the location of the interview. Not to mention the building has a big sign and arrow pointing to the leasing office with big letters that say "LEASING OFFICE ".

Old 05-22-2015, 07:07 AM

6 posts, read 9,263 times
Hey if you lottery number is under 900 do you think a person will be called?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:54 AM

136 posts, read 217,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebday View Post
Not sure, but I wouldn't assume that the violations are an indication of any unusual conduct or problems. Violations happen all the time and vary greatly in severity - some of them are as small as someone not wearing a hardhard in a construction zone. The DOB can be bureaucratic to say the least, so any number of things could hold it up.

Hi,

I was wondering why the violations list the wrong address on DOB website for Hunter Point South Commons building? It says 49-10 VERNON BOULEVARD , L.I.C. , NY 11101, but the address should be 1-50 50th avenue, LIC. Is that the mailing address or what?

Old 05-22-2015, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi1555 View Post
Hey if you lottery number is under 900 do you think a person will be called?

Hi Mimi 1555,
I don't think the log number matters. It may just be the number reflecting when your application was received. My number is in the 60,000s (I applied in November) and I just got called for an interview.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:38 AM

This whole process is very disorganized.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:54 AM

16 posts, read 27,351 times
Hi Guys

Some good news, I found this news today...

First group of residents move into Hunters Point South | Long Island City Post

Check it out....the first 31 lucky winner/tenants/ribbon cutters/and what not......congratulations to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery