Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 07:24 AM

136 posts, read 217,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
Apparently everyone has to do it. My leasing rep confirmed we would have to recertify when I asked her directly. I don't know why they never mentioned that would be part of the process. It seems like an important thing to know!
Oh, ok. I hope that's the last step before they issue the lease and no more surprises!

Old 07-15-2015, 07:29 AM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Lease signed and I move in Aug 25th!!!!

-The lease was pretty standard. No funny stuff. I wont get a copy until later on.
-She said nothing about re-certifying income prior to move-in. I asked. (But then again, I did give May-June paystubs at my interview so maybe that was it)
-I DO indeed have drawers in my kitchen
-Space is tight, so I am gonna have to do a considerable amount of donating (which Im fine with)
-I thought laundry was on every floor, but just one in the building (for the studio and 1 bed folks)
-Move-ins are coordinated by the "move-in coordinator"

Thats all I can think of for now lol...Im so excited.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:46 AM

76 posts, read 127,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post

-The lease was pretty standard. No funny stuff. I wont get a copy until later on.
-She said nothing about re-certifying income prior to move-in. I asked. (But then again, I did give May-June paystubs at my interview so maybe that was it)
-Space is tight, so I am gonna have to do a considerable amount of donating (which Im fine with)
-I thought laundry was on every floor, but just one in the building (for the studio and 1 bed folks)

Congrats!!

To clarify the re-verifying income - it only applies to people who signed leases a while ago (March, April, May, etc). They will be required to provide updated documents and Related does not countersign the lease until that happens. Anyone signing now will be good to go if their move in is relatively close to when they sign.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
Congrats!!

To clarify the re-verifying income - it only applies to people who signed leases a while ago (March, April, May, etc). They will be required to provide updated documents and Related does not countersign the lease until that happens. Anyone signing now will be good to go if their move in is relatively close to when they sign.
Thanks!

Oh I see what youre saying about the lease.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:08 AM

272 posts, read 534,449 times
I think if you applying for these buildings and you actually qualify for the low-income units then you will be lucky to get one. Unless what you have now is great this is bound to be better than where you are. Forget about the view and high floors, etc. If you are paying a much higher rent, even if it's stabilized, this is going to be the better deal. It could be that the cabinets are cheap or the colors of the fixtures are unattractive or the size of the rooms is small BUT for the cost of the rent (as a stabilized rent) in a new building with it being one stop from Manhattan YOU TAKE IT!!! If anyone doesn't want the apartment they are offered because it's on a low floor or on the wrong side of the building I will gladly take yours.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 AM

Default Congrats!

Quote:

Congrats! My assumption is that affordable leasing preference will be the last one, as they probably want people that pay high rents first??? Don't know, I was told my move is Aug 15, but I just had to resubmit my current paystubs and haven't been called for a lease yet. When was your last interview prior to lease signing? Thanks for all the shared info....

Last edited by sarahtresko; 07-15-2015 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Congrats! My assumption is that affordable leasing preference will be the last one, as they probably want people that pay high rents first??? Don't know, I was told my move is Aug 15, but I just had to resubmit my current paystubs and haven't been called for a lease yet. When was your last interview prior to lease signing? Thanks for all the shared info....
I only had one interview July 1st. Most of my coordination with the Related rep was via phone and email.

What do you mean by "affordable leasing preference will be the last one, as they probably want people that pay high rents first???"

Old 07-15-2015, 09:51 AM

Default Lease

Quote:
I only had one interview July 1st. Most of my coordination with the Related rep was via phone and email.

What do you mean by "affordable leasing preference will be the last one, as they probably want people that pay high rents first???"
You mentioned you are in the higher income bracket and your rent will be around $2,000. I am in the affordable bracket where the rents are less than that, since the income is on the low side. I guess its not really preference, but affordable category. That's what I meant.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
You mentioned you are in the higher income bracket and your rent will be around $2,000. I am in the affordable bracket where the rents are less than that, since the income is on the low side. I guess its not really preference, but affordable category. That's what I meant.
While I realize "high", "low", and "affordable" are all subjective terms the entire building is considered affordable by the NYC HPD because the rents are determined by income and we do not pay market rate. There are low-income affordable rents AND middle-income affordable rents.

I could be wrong but even on this thread I noticed that there are low-income and middle-income individuals who moved into their apartments before I did.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
While I realize "high", "low", and "affordable" are all subjective terms the entire building is considered affordable by the NYC HPD because the rents are determined by income and we do not pay market rate. There are low-income affordable rents AND middle-income affordable rents.

I could be wrong but even on this thread I noticed that there are low-income and middle-income individuals who moved into their apartments before I did.
The Crossings building was the first building that the tenants moved in including the low income tenants as well. As far as Commons there was someone here on forum that was supposed to move in July 25, though I am not sure if its for low or middle income, or what was the final outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery