Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 02:52 AM

6 posts, read 6,036 times

Advertisements

Hey,
My bf had gotten a letter in the mail as well for the interview back in febuary and he went. He still hasnt heard back from anyone or recived a letter/phone call. I pass 59 frost street almost every day with high hopes of moving in there pretty soon :/ i know what your gf went through trust me my bf was making copies for days let alone making sure he had all pf the nessacary papers needed for the interview!! It killed me inside because i saw everything he went through only for him to have a not so nice interviewer which sucked but i still have high hopes and so shoud you! His number wasnt to high up there either if im not mistaken but who knows now a days with this process. I worry each and every day that we wont make it but just remind myself that soon enough well find out! Either way if you made it or not they send you a letter in the mail or call you on the phone. Fingers crossed well hear from them soon and may turn out to be neighbors best of luck to you guys both and hope to hear back from you soon! Also if you hear anything about the appartments please reply me and let me know! From what i know/ see their pretty much complete minus some minor things such as the bottom floor and adding in basic appartment furniture and fixtures. I check up on it atleast once a week as well as go on the hpd website. So far it still says tenant selection so well just have to see with our fingers crossed! Again best of luck and feel free to contact me on here! Hope all goes well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 07:16 AM

272 posts, read 534,415 times
Thanks Samil_Gia: What happened in the interview that was so bad?
I'm wondering abut how the update the housingconnect website. If you view the application there is a section at the very bottom for them to fill in. I wonder if that ever gets filled in.
Good luck. Time will tell for us all.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:36 PM

138 posts, read 156,520 times
My husband went to the interview month ago. No respond yet Every day I'm hoping for a letter, interview went great. Ehhh which category you guys apply? We qualify for the last one. Which number you guys called?

Old 03-26-2015, 04:28 PM

My g/f is in one of the smaller categories but a small percentage of 37 apartments is more or less meaningless, you know.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Well pretty much the lady wasnt the nicest. She had no care in the world towards what my bf was handing her or even telling her. He fits into the 1 bedroom bracket btw for thoes asking. Has anyone heard anything yet?? The building still isnt done but should be within the end of this month or maybe middle of april? I hope :/ just passing it makes me more nervous each and every day! Im greatful for this blog about it there for i can update you guys and you guys can update me as well!! Hope we get answers soon!!!! It appears to me as well that on housing connect theyve updated the application page and it shows other buildings that have already had their leases signed! Thats a plus considering its pretty recent! I wish everyone well!

Old 03-26-2015, 09:04 PM

5 posts, read 4,937 times
I had second interview on Wednesday. I brought the last of the paperwork I needed and went through the process of signing forms to release my financial information to their auditors. As long as my financial paperwork is approved I'm in. I'm still not allowing myself to get excited, not until I hear the news from the person in charge of my application. I was lot# 53 and #2 out of the 19 applications chosen for "preferences" (disability, municipal worker, community board resident.)
I wish everyone luck.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samii_gia View Post
Well pretty much the lady wasnt the nicest. She had no care in the world towards what my bf was handing her or even telling her. He fits into the 1 bedroom bracket btw for thoes asking. Has anyone heard anything yet?? The building still isnt done but should be within the end of this month or maybe middle of april? I hope :/ just passing it makes me more nervous each and every day! Im greatful for this blog about it there for i can update you guys and you guys can update me as well!! Hope we get answers soon!!!! It appears to me as well that on housing connect theyve updated the application page and it shows other buildings that have already had their leases signed! Thats a plus considering its pretty recent! I wish everyone well!
Well I imagine these people taking in the applications are numbed by this process. Everyone they see has a need and everyone is working some angle or maybe that's what it feels like to the people working there. Good luck.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkln69 View Post
I had second interview on Wednesday. I brought the last of the paperwork I needed and went through the process of signing forms to release my financial information to their auditors. As long as my financial paperwork is approved I'm in. I'm still not allowing myself to get excited, not until I hear the news from the person in charge of my application. I was lot# 53 and #2 out of the 19 applications chosen for "preferences" (disability, municipal worker, community board resident.)
I wish everyone luck.
Thanks for this post. It's a good indication that the process is moving along. I didn't realize there were auditors involved. My g/f was told that one woman ran this and she would be looking at everyone's paperwork. She had all her paperwork very well organized and she signed a couple of documents.
What size apartment are you looking to get?

Old 03-27-2015, 03:36 AM

Anything yet?? So far i know theyve called a few people back to bring in more paperwork and what not. Best of luck!

Old 03-27-2015, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,156 times
Do you know if the 19 chosen for preference have all already been contacted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City