Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:53 PM

415 posts, read 514,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestman View Post
I know the poster is being quite cynical, but might there be some truth to what he said?

for history to repeat itself, it would require the mass importation of poor southern blacks and hispanics with an IQ 1 to 1.5 standard deviation below the current mean of the population of NYC.

Since many new immigrants are of the Asian persuasion, I don't see history repeating itself.

If anything, as Asians gain political power, I predict that blacks and hispanics are going to be forced out of New York City, en masse.

Asians don't feel guilt and won't be bullied by Al Sharpton types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 07:14 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
The 2010 Census showed that NYC was 33.3% White, 28.6% Hispanic*** (this number was probably higher due to unreported undocumented immigrants, 22.8% Black and 12.6% Asian. The white population went from 35% of the overall pop. in 2000 to 33.3% and the Black population went from 24.6% in 2000 to 22.8% in 2010.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/cens...2010/pgrhc.pdf (page 14)

Yes, things are getting expensive. Yes, certain neighborhoods are losing working class black and Hispanic folk, and I'll agree with you it does suck... But to think that the city will eventually lose it's diversity is ridiculous... Also, Blacks and Hispanics aren't the only ones getting displaced out of neighborhoods... People in areas like Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton Beach, Marine Park, Kensington, etc. are just as terrified of getting "discovered" as any other area in the city. Furthermore, there's too many PJ's, rent stabilized housing, low income housing that was built and continues to be built over the last 10 years and affordable housing programs that range from 50/50 to 80/20 that'll prevent NYC from completely losing it's working/lower middle class renters. Reading online, you'd think there were only five native New Yorkers left in the city... Reality, the city is still overwhelmingly the same and the hype is exactly what it is, just hype...
Agreed. Also when certain parts of Manhatyan, Western Queens, and Western Brooklyn gentrified, white blue collar workers got displaced in big numbers.

People of all races will always come to NYC. There are Blacks and Hispanics with money. Ditto Asians.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
for history to repeat itself, it would require the mass importation of poor southern blacks and hispanics with an IQ 1 to 1.5 standard deviation below the current mean of the population of NYC.

Since many new immigrants are of the Asian persuasion, I don't see history repeating itself.

If anything, as Asians gain political power, I predict that blacks and hispanics are going to be forced out of New York City, en masse.

Not really. Racist rhetoric aside, those you call low iq are needed to work crappy low end service jobs.

Wealthy people don't like to clean their homes or cook their food. Or clean their clothes.

The poor of NYC will be shifted more to the outer boroughs. Particularly the areas not close to Manhattan.

A lot of low income whites have been displaced. Its not teally about your race. The only color is green.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:

The other thing is you must realize other states are not willing to allow NYC's poor to be dumped on them without limitation. That would cause their own social services spending to go through the roof. It also takes money to move and money to live elsewhere.

Now the poor can be and arr pushed further out but they largely remain in NY.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:20 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Quote:

Are you basing your Hispanic IQ figures and rhetoric off that stupid "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" book?

Most of the figures it uses are either completely made up, or extremely outdated and come from an extremely small sample size.

And no, I don't see Asians forcing anybody out, especially not Latinos. Latinos live all over the place, and their population will increase in most of the country.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:48 AM

415 posts, read 514,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Are you basing your Hispanic IQ figures and rhetoric off that stupid "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" book?

Most of the figures it uses are either completely made up, or extremely outdated and come from an extremely small sample size.

And no, I don't see Asians forcing anybody out, especially not Latinos. Latinos live all over the place, and their population will increase in most of the country.
i'm basing my IQ data from facts.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:50 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
i'm basing my IQ data from facts.
Sure, lol.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:17 AM

94 posts, read 214,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Don't forget that stealing people's land is what America was built on too, right along with lots of genocide and free labor. How can the most affected people by that really ever get ahead of that? Think about it. I guess you can keep trying but don't be naive.
I am far from naive. I have not forgotten about that, but at the same rate, I don't see people standing outside the capital with pitchforks, torches and guns ready to burn down Washington if they don't give the land back to the Native Americans. Lets be realistic.

As far as getting ahead, there are plenty of people, even immigrants, who come from nothing and make something for themselves. The rest of us who want to whine and point fingers will never, since that's all they know how to do.

The real problem with this country is not about who's getting over on who, it's with ourselves. We're too damn busy yukking it up on forums, facebook, twitter, playing stupid video games at all hours of the night, buying McMansions we can't afford to pay for, throwing 25" rims on over inflated cars we are fleasing, maxing out our credit cards on grocery shopping, getting Bachelors degrees for jobs that have zero return and force us to pay loans for until we're 40... You can't blame everything on "the man" all the time.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:27 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx1968 View Post

The real problem with this country is not about who's getting over on who, it's with ourselves. We're too damn busy yukking it up on forums, facebook, twitter, playing stupid video games at all hours of the night, buying McMansions we can't afford to pay for, throwing 25" rims on over inflated cars we are fleasing, maxing out our credit cards on grocery shopping, getting Bachelors degrees for jobs that have zero return and force us to pay loans for until we're 40... You can't blame everything on "the man" all the time.
There is lots of truth to this. Observe where many of the threads move, and quickly.
Little substantive discussion.

I can state firsthand that the useless BA and BS degrees is especially true. People are somehow fine now with obtaining training, and little to none of that in critical thinking, for whopping sums. The manipulation of little gadgets. But it is actually critical and analytical thinking that will enable people to become active members rather than brain-dead consumers of the world around. And successful in addition.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:30 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true and Bronx borough President Diaz junior noted that the Bronx can not keep its educated population. Most educated Bronx residents move out of city if not out of state. He is trying to find away for Bronx residents with college degrees to stay instead of moving. Right now I'm writing this post from the comfort of an hotel in Arizona. As formNYC being an city of opportunity? For whom? obviously those with money or those who care highly educated like ivy leaguers. Unless if some one has a really good connection than all things are possible.
Well Ruben Diaz could start by hopping off his poverty pimp train tour and actually opening his trap to do something about helping the educated Bronx middle class and creating an environment they'll want to stay in and raise their families in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City