Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:06 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
There is a 10 block stretch of Linden Blvd where there is some type of camera on every other block. Several run consequently.
There's a new camera by Elderts Lane. They plan to lower the speed limit to 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 10:08 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Doesn't matter, you're going to do at most 15 MPH above it based on your previous post

#visionzero
Not on Queens Blvd. I got a ticket for doing 38 at 2 am.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:46 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
He's showing his Fidel Castro/Daniel Ortega side. They never talked to the press (because there was no press). Deep down, De Blah Blah is a Marxist. Obviously, he cannot bring Marxism to NYC and the United States. But it's part of his soul.
In small doses he can though. He will certainly try should he attain higher office.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:47 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
He's showing his Fidel Castro/Daniel Ortega side. They never talked to the press (because there was no press). Deep down, De Blah Blah is a Marxist. Obviously, he cannot bring Marxism to NYC and the United States. But it's part of his soul.
I don't think that's it. He was being grilled on his policies, and I think the reporters had him on the defensive.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
In small doses he can though. He will certainly try should he attain higher office.
His every attempt has been checked so no.

And NYC has never had a mayor to attain higher office, so de Blasio has no chance. At various points Giuliani and Bloomberg were nationally popular NYC mayors, yet they could not achieve higher office. If they could not, de Blasio is DONE for.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:37 AM

961 posts, read 2,464,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Who's gonna pay for all this? You can't keep taxing people in the city because the corruption eats up tax revenue. The programs like Pre-K doesn't get any funding because it's a low priority issue. DeBlasio figures the new demographics in the city make more than enough to pay for their own daycare while middle class will just flee to the suburbs where Pre-K is common.

What NYC needs is more auditing of government workers like taking out Silverman and other corrupt officials that's been installed and using taxpayer money for their own personal gains. Can't run a city with so much corruption.
The money is there, right now the budget has a $3Billion surplus. And when Bloomberg was mayor he siphoned off billions of tax revenue for developers who built our luxury skyline in the 2000's. Not only that a lot of corporations in the city don't pay their fair share in taxes due to incentives from the last administration, this is where the real corruption lies, the graft you're talking about is peanuts in comparison to the hundreds of millions in tax revenue the city should be getting from multi-national shell corporations and international billionaires who buy up property in the city and leave them vacant like some interest occurring savings account. Besides, tax policy has to be approved by Albany anyway.

And no offense but just by you saying Pre-K is a low priority issue reveals that you only have some surface knowledge of the topic. Pre-K is a HUGE deal and isn't even free in most places whether suburban or urban period. It's big because it is proven to improve a child's performance throughout elementary, it would be a big part of any mayor's legacy. If you have surplus and you don't use that to invest in education, infrastructure and the like that surplus will dwindle because you aren't putting money into long term investments. All these things will cost you even more money if you keep putting them off.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude
de Blasio is DONE for.
I hope you are right!

And Twist, I honestly forgot about universal pre-K. For that I'll give DB credit.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:44 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Meanwhile, tough times in the PJ's.......!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2427019

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2427048

Old 11-10-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I hope you are right!

And Twist, I honestly forgot about universal pre-K. For that I'll give DB credit.
He recently had the city contribute 2.5 billion to the MTA capital budget.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
He recently had the city contribute 2.5 billion to the MTA capital budget.
That's not an accomplishment. If he fixes the MTA, that would be an accomplishment. Paying into a broken system is just foolish. I'd give him more credit if he refused to pay until work rules were amended to affect savings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City