Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 08:49 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times

Advertisements

litter you should absolutely get a fine, maybe things wouldnt be so dirty.

as far as peeing, if your behind a car, tree, anything other than complete vision of people, I say let it go, sometimes you have to pee, and we all know bathrooms are not readily availiable.

drinking, if your on your stoop, yeah who cares, but not walking down Park Ave holding a beer, while some people can do it well, you will get the ones that cant......so there has to be some sort of line drawn somewhere.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 09:17 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Come home this evening about 9pm. I saw a group of drunk older man hanging out Mc Donald's drinking. Then one man threw his bottle over his head and it landed feet from me. I wish there were police officers around. I don't need these people getting arrested but tickets would've been nice. The one dude could've got one for littering and drinking. I hope this isn't a sign of whats about to come this spring/summer.
Normally I'm all about people doing what they want so as long as they are respectful of others but throwing a glass bottle behind you on a side walk that has people on is not cool.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:48 PM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I hope this isn't a sign of whats about to come this spring/summer.
It is.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
It begins.. I held back when it came to De Blasio, but this kind of warm hearted fuzzy nonsense doesn't help anyone..

The last time I recently walked through Times Square I remember a guy sadly urinating openly in the street not a pleasant sight.. Granted I am not sure the individual in question was well. With no sanction against it, such behaviour it is bound to increase...
The homeless always do this. They've been doing it for eons.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:33 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
A lot of people are really overreacting to this. Decriminalizing something does not mean that it is legal. It simply means that you can't be arrested for it.

But virtually no one gets arrested for these offenses in the first place, unless they have a warrant out or decide to pick a fight with the cop.

People gets summonses for these infractions and can still get summonses.

So really nothing is changing, the 70's aren't back, carry on with your lives.
Thank you for your logic, it is greatly needed at such a time.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:44 PM

164 posts, read 160,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckRo67 View Post
What caused crime number to plummet in the early 90's can be minimally attribute to Guilliani, Ever heard of Roe vs Wade that was how many years before the drop in crime? Put two and two together... Crime went down nationwide at a substantial rate at the same time.. Unwanted babies + 20 years = more crime, less unwanted babies + 20 years= less crime.
The USA had been having unwanted babies long before the 20 year window before Roe vs Wade so this fails the factor of 'reversibility' needed to prove cause and effect. You also need to do more to rule out confounding factors.

This might be helpful: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Hill_criteria

Old 03-06-2016, 03:48 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,856 times
I wish more cops would be deployed on local roads for speeders and bad drivers instead of arresting peoplefor little crimes. Bad drivers kill and injure people.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:05 AM

34,035 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Doesn't sound like a good idea. The streets of NYC are already filthy enough. The insane asylum has opened its doors and the insane are being given free reign to run free.

You Won’t Get Arrested for Public Boozing (or Urinating) in Manhattan Anymore | | Observer
You never got arrested for public urination or drinking. Only if you already had a warrant on you is when you got arrested. The most the cop does is write you a ticket, sometimes if they're in a good mood they'll just make you pour it out. I saw a cop tell somebody, "I won't give you a ticket, just pour your beer out" - and this was during Giuliani, on Beach 20th Street around my way.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-08-2016, 02:07 AM

531 posts, read 594,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
It begins.. I held back when it came to De Blasio, but this kind of warm hearted fuzzy nonsense doesn't help anyone..

The last time I recently walked through Times Square I remember a guy sadly urinating openly in the street not a pleasant sight.. Granted I am not sure the individual in question was well. With no sanction against it, such behaviour it is bound to increase...
Just be thankful he wasn't going "number two". Others aren't quite so lucky.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:22 PM

186 posts, read 220,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Cops shouldn't be arresting anyone right now anyway. Let the libs and social justice warriors wallow in the hell they are insistent upon creating. Most cops don't live in the urban centers they police anyway. Why risk getting hurt or in trouble for no reason?
That there is the issue. If these cops actually lived in the areas they police they would be more compelled to treat people more civil since you live there.
What you would get is more respect from both sides.
Instead you have cops coming from upstate with maybe negative stereotypes of the neighborhoods they patrol and it will play into how they interact with people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City