Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 03:27 PM

122 posts, read 329,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
i just spoke with somebody, and they stated "credit and background checks are are done first. then if you pass both, they will call you for interview." they are doing this in order of your log number. so the waiting game is now at it's finest.
Even that sounds like bull****, background checks and credit checks don't take that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 01:00 PM

94 posts, read 172,915 times
I believe they only want ppl from that area. that is why they open 3 lotteries for this same address.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
I believe they only want ppl from that area. that is why they open 3 lotteries for this same address.
That and maybe they're only looking for certain types of people.......these lotteries have been know to do that especially the luxury ones.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:02 AM

201 posts, read 291,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImThatDude View Post
That and maybe they're only looking for certain types of people.......these lotteries have been know to do that especially the luxury ones.
For some reason this building doesn't strike me as luxury.. and i was also looking at the floor plan and i must say some apartments have his big ol' pillar in them.. like why is that there.. lol

and also about the credit scores, i do think it sounds like BS aswell BUTTTT.. maybe theyre checking credit scores and then interviewing... instead of bulk checking them. This is the further-est I've ever been with any lottery.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
For some reason this building doesn't strike me as luxury.. and i was also looking at the floor plan and i must say some apartments have his big ol' pillar in them.. like why is that there.. lol

and also about the credit scores, i do think it sounds like BS aswell BUTTTT.. maybe theyre checking credit scores and then interviewing... instead of bulk checking them. This is the further-est I've ever been with any lottery.
Oh they're definitely not luxury the only reason they're considered luxury is because of the location and amenities. You can tell the cheaper out on the actual apartment not sure about the building itself. The apartments look like college dorms.

Look at the marketing:

Quote:
From the public plaza and the cultural programming at the base level, all the way up to the vast green rooftop terrace curated by the same designers of The High Line, 300 Ashland offers an entirely unconventional yet completely familiar destination for modern living in Brooklyn. The luxurious apartments include panoramic views and high-end finishes. Residents enjoy a full-floor amenity suite featuring a resident lounge, 24-hour fitness center and a roof terrace with a sundeck and outdoor seating. The building designed by Enrique Norten will also be home to 4 BAM Cinema theaters and a branch of the Brooklyn Public Library. All just steps away from 11 different subway lines, this building is truly unlike anything, in the middle of everything.

Every luxury studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom apartment has expansive ceiling-high windows that provide sweeping views of Brooklyn. White oak hardwood floors, Corian windowsills, and Caesarstone and stainless steel countertops complement Bosch kitchen appliances and Grohe bathroom fixtures. Every unit includes built-in washer/dryer units, in-sink garbage disposals, keyless electronic apartment entry, pre-installed solar shades, and bedroom blackout shades.
300 Ashland

Multiple people submitted the income documents like 4-5 months ago and they still haven't had their documents reviewed, credit checked or been interviewed. I been selected for over 6 lotteries and this is not normal speed. But then again the building is far from finished so maybe thats the hold up.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImThatDude View Post
Oh they're definitely not luxury the only reason they're considered luxury is because of the location and amenities. You can tell the cheaper out on the actual apartment not sure about the building itself. The apartments look like college dorms.

Look at the marketing:

300 Ashland

Multiple people submitted the income documents like 4-5 months ago and they still haven't had their documents reviewed, credit checked or been interviewed. I been selected for over 6 lotteries and this is not normal speed. But then again the building is far from finished so maybe thats the hold up.
Oh wow! Far from finished, I thought move in was spring 2017. I'm not a fan of the keyless entry thing.. I have a low log number for 250 as well but haven't heard anything.. not even a request for information..

Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Oh wow! Far from finished, I thought move in was spring 2017. I'm not a fan of the keyless entry thing.. I have a low log number for 250 as well but haven't heard anything.. not even a request for information..
I mean the whole foods side of the building, The Residential part should be finished I believe. People have been living in the building since last September. The Whole foods, Library and public space isn't done, they'll be working on that all year believe. Also the building across the street is still being worked on. 15 Lafayette which should have a lottery as well.

This how it's supposed to look, but i've seen it recently and it's a ways off.

The keyless entry thing is a hackers wet dream, they're already able to unlock cars with parts you can get on Amazon. The worry here probably wouldn't be random people since I believe this building has a doorman, you'd should be more concerned about building staff being able to get into your apartment without you knowing.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 AM

has anyone heard anything?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:00 AM

147 posts, read 229,525 times
Nope

Old 02-22-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
has anyone heard anything?
Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City