Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2017, 05:53 PM

87 posts, read 140,319 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys cause I really didn't know that. So it's Phipps.com what's the other sites? if you all don't mind sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:28 PM

22 posts, read 31,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure8430 View Post
Thanks guys cause I really didn't know that. So it's Phipps.com what's the other sites? if you all don't mind sharing
I suggest you also look in the free papers, Metro and AM NY. This lottery was listed in the paper along with a few others that were not on housing connect.

I believe the lotteries are required to advertise​ in a citywide newspaper. The free papers are also available online if you don't get a chance to pick up a physical copy.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:29 PM

201 posts, read 291,713 times
Quote:
No I believe phippsny.com , I usually type if affordable apartments lottery NYC... and things come up. I'm hoping this works for me because I'm so close to just getting a regular apartment

Old 04-24-2017, 07:54 PM

Oh ok, learn something new everyday. Sad I didn't know about this building now imma have to walk by it like "that could've been me" oh well thanks

Old 04-24-2017, 08:00 PM

122 posts, read 328,804 times
Quote:
Oh ok, learn something new everyday. Sad I didn't know about this building now imma have to walk by it like "that could've been me" oh well thanks
It could still be you, the secret is a lot of these new building stay empty because they disqualified so many people.

just because a lottery is finished doesn't mean you can't get into the building later. food for thought, i'll let you decide how to proceed. No more free info too many people lurk these forums.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 PM

Wait wait before you go and the free info dries up ����....i thought if the lottery ends that's it for the affordable apts. Because I can't afford market rate.....so do they still have affordable apts left over??

Old 04-24-2017, 08:16 PM

122 posts, read 328,804 times
Quote:
Wait wait before you go and the free info dries up ����....i thought if the lottery ends that's it for the affordable apts. Because I can't afford market rate.....so do they still have affordable apts left over??
It's not the end. It's rarely advertised after the lottery is done, but sometimes they have vacant apartments in these HPD buildings for whatever reason. It's up to you to see if they have openings, they're not going to publicize it. You have to contact them yourself.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:18 PM

Oh ok thank you for all the info

Old 04-24-2017, 09:58 PM

201 posts, read 291,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImThatDude View Post
It could still be you, the secret is a lot of these new building stay empty because they disqualified so many people.

just because a lottery is finished doesn't mean you can't get into the building later. food for thought, i'll let you decide how to proceed. No more free info too many people lurk these forums.
I have a few private MSGs for that reason!!! Can't give all the juice out to lurkers, only those who give info back. I feel like we're a little community helping one another with information. Hahaha

Old 04-24-2017, 10:18 PM

That is commendable of you. I've been seeing City-Data forums pop up for years when I would type in random stuff. I just decided to join last month....so I'm no longer a lurker lol. So w/e I know I share out as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City