Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 07:57 PM

250 posts, read 378,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
they won't accept anything for the appeal that you have ready.. i went with my letter they denied it and said i have to submit it when i submit my appeal with new paystubs.

i'm not sure about home visits.. i'm living at home with mom..

Ok thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM

147 posts, read 229,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari_bella View Post
My cousin has her interview next week and is over income. I told her to bring a letter from her boss stating she wouldn't ever be working overtime again that she was only doing it due to tax season along with a formal appeal just in case. When they told you to submit an appeal, did you have all the documents together? Could you if you did, have given in the documents then for the appeal? I'm just trying to be a step ahead. Also, for the home visits what happens if you're not currently living there anymore since its been so long since the initial interview.
They gave me an issue about having moved since giving in my initial documents even though i showed proof of my current residence.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:00 AM

37 posts, read 36,946 times
what do they ask during this interview and is it long?

Old 04-20-2017, 03:31 PM

37 posts, read 36,946 times
Interview was yesterday, everything went well. Have to bring back a couple documents notarized within a week. *fingers crossed*

Old 04-21-2017, 09:12 AM

201 posts, read 291,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasCity View Post
Interview was yesterday, everything went well. Have to bring back a couple documents notarized within a week. *fingers crossed*
awesome!!! good luck

Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 AM

74 posts, read 131,366 times
If you read the marketing booklet it explains how they calculate income. The take the highest of three: (1) most recent tax filings, (2) current pay rate, or (3) income verification letter from employer. I doubt the letter from the boss stating that she would never work overtime again would work based on the marketing booklet procedures. It's super helpful to take some time and review it's very helpful in understanding the process.

Quote:
My cousin has her interview next week and is over income. I told her to bring a letter from her boss stating she wouldn't ever be working overtime again that she was only doing it due to tax season along with a formal appeal just in case. When they told you to submit an appeal, did you have all the documents together? Could you if you did, have given in the documents then for the appeal? I'm just trying to be a step ahead. Also, for the home visits what happens if you're not currently living there anymore since its been so long since the initial interview.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM

94 posts, read 172,782 times
Hi, but Bam South Apts belong to NYS..
Marketing booklet only for NYC buildings,,,
I can't find the NYS income calculate regulation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
If you read the marketing booklet it explains how they calculate income. The take the highest of three: (1) most recent tax filings, (2) current pay rate, or (3) income verification letter from employer. I doubt the letter from the boss stating that she would never work overtime again would work based on the marketing booklet procedures. It's super helpful to take some time and review it's very helpful in understanding the process.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:28 AM

74 posts, read 131,366 times
I didn't realize it was offered by the state. The application cover sheet had this: "However,
apart from these general guidelines, every applicant’s income information (both current income
as well as from the recent past) will [be] considered to evaluate eligibility and document a continuing
need for housing assistance. Further, please note that all sources of income must be able to be
documented and verified." http://www.phippsny.org/wp-content/u...PLICATION1.pdf

It looks like past and current income are looked at. It's kind of like child support- if someone stops working overtime or starts working less hours that doesn't change their income for court ordered child support calculation. I'm not sure if the state thinking is governed by that type of thinking, but it seems logical. Especially since the city seems to use a forward looking, current analysis, and past analysis when calculating income. I'm sure if you call the state agency they would be helpful in sharing policies.

Such a beautiful building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post

Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 PM

250 posts, read 378,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
They take income in taxes, period to date average, and year to date divided by the number of periods in the year you've gotten paid and whichever of the three is the highest. They go by that number.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:51 PM

94 posts, read 172,782 times
I got rejected because my friends gave me some one-income gifts... they calculated that as gift income which mean my friends give me like every month... they even ask for explanation
for $20 which my friend gave me as share of the dinner ...

Quote:
They take income in taxes, period to date average, and year to date divided by the number of periods in the year you've gotten paid and whichever of the three is the highest. They go by that number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City