Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:25 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Media in this country has gotten to big for their britches. That is after pushing through or at least playing a major part in so much change over the past twelve years (Obama, LGBT marriage and other "equality" agendas) that they believed average Americans were still drinking that Kool-Aid in great numbers. We now know differently.

Mainstream American news/media sources woke up today with a huge hangover and massive amounts of egg on their faces. Having spent months crowning and anointing the Clinton woman as the next POTUS they must contend with the fact large segments of the population paid them no mind.
This is clearly untrue. There was virtually no talk of social issues. It was all economics, bailouts, trade, etc.

Trump won Florida, Arkansas, and North Dakota yet these states legalized medical marijuana which is basically the legalization of Marijuana for all intents and purposes. Arizona voted against recreational marijuana use by only 52%. Arizona also approved a $12 minimum by 2020.

Social issues were not at the forefront at all and it's actually good to see. Red state voters realized that the Repub establishment was using them by preying on their social issue fears. If it was about social issues, Trump wouldn't have won the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times
What you are calling conservative here is not correct...These conservatives you talk about are the REAL liberals who want to be liberated from the tyranny of politically correct oppressive fascists.

We are the LIBERALS....the were not.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:32 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
What you are calling conservative here is not correct...These conservatives you talk about are the REAL liberals who want to be liberated from the tyranny of politically correct oppressive fascists.

We are the LIBERALS....the were not.
Since when does marijuana have anything to do with political correctness? Or an increase to a $12 minimum wage? lol

Cut the bull****.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:38 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
This is clearly untrue. There was virtually no talk of social issues. It was all economics, bailouts, trade, etc.

Trump won Florida, Arkansas, and North Dakota yet these states legalized medical marijuana which is basically the legalization of Marijuana for all intents and purposes. Arizona voted against recreational marijuana use by only 52%. Arizona also approved a $12 minimum by 2020.

Social issues were not at the forefront at all and it's actually good to see. Red state voters realized that the Repub establishment was using them by preying on their social issue fears. If it was about social issues, Trump wouldn't have won the primary.
Sadly the most critical issue with the environment was not place on the forefront. It is difficult not to feel a sense of lost with humanity and it selfishness in continuing to destroy the ecosystem and drive us closer to extinction for the sake of producing more GDP and jobs for the uneducated masses.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:38 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times
Quote:
Since when does marijuana have anything to do with political correctness? Or an increase to a $12 minimum wage? lol

Cut the bull****.
Hey put down that bong - where did I mention pot? If you want to smoke and drink - that is your affair...as for minimum wage- here in Canada they brought it up to 15 dollars...

Political correctness is institutional thinking....it is when some egg head believes that they have all the answers and they stop learning..Political correctness is anti-learning...we will be learning all of our lives...

But not if you are stoned everyday....there is a time and place for everything but not all the time.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Has anyone visited and check mott haven, Astoria, lic, Harlem Chelsea, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, east village, West village, Greenwich Village, parts of Bushwick and Bedstuy and ask white Transplant population, what state do you originate from? Most of these out for town whites come from the Midwest or some rust belt state. These states have no economic means of production. Those who are educated get a chance to move to nyc, dc Boston sf, Chicago and LA for professional jobs. Upstate NY, rust belt and the Midwest needs to be economically fixed.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:35 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Has anyone visited and check mott haven, Astoria, lic, Harlem Chelsea, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, east village, West village, Greenwich Village, parts of Bushwick and Bedstuy and ask white Transplant population, what state do you originate from? Most of these out for town whites come from the Midwest or some rust belt state. These states have no economic means of production. Those who are educated get a chance to move to nyc, dc Boston sf, Chicago and LA for professional jobs.
Leaving the rest behind in poverty or to overdose on heroin or alcohol. Yes, you're right and it's a huge factor in why the election turned out the way it did.

Well Mr. Bronxguyanese, we will have to set what changes in policy Trump institutes, and whether they restore these areas economically. If they do that alleviates pressure on the cities and you will have your wish.

Let us hope Trump can deliver on his promises. And no I am not sucking up to him (since you accused me of that) but since the people have spoken and he is our President, I wish him the best of luck and I sincerely hope he delivers to all Americans, ESPECIALLY those who voted him in from those economically decimated states (decimated due to NAFTA and WTO.)

Old 11-09-2016, 10:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Leaving the rest behind in poverty or to overdose on heroin or alcohol. Yes, you're right and it's a huge factor in why the election turned out the way it did.

Well Mr. Bronxguyanese, we will have to set what changes in policy Trump institutes, and whether they restore these areas economically. If they do that alleviates pressure on the cities and you will have your wish.

Let us hope Trump can deliver on his promises. And no I am not sucking up to him (since you accused me of that) but since the people have spoken and he is our President, I wish him the best of luck and I sincerely hope he delivers to all Americans, ESPECIALLY those who voted him in from those economically decimated states (decimated due to NAFTA and WTO.)
Rents can come down I hope and minorities can have professional jobs again like back in the day. I hope I get my wish back. Like I said it's either Bernie or bust and they bust is Trump.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:27 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Oh and as for the polls, fivethiryeight.com showed Trump with a 30% chance of winning, which isn't really that low. It's not like Trump was said to have a 1% chance of winning.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:21 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:

No one said it was about social issues, but the fact that the liberal media largely influenced that area moved on to pushing HC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City