Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:28 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,757,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
What hypocrites you are if you are condemning Puerto Rican's using bombs to fight for freedom, but think it's completely ok for the US government to bomb hospitals and schools in the Middle East killing hundreds of thousands of people in the name of invading those countries
There is absolutely no hypocrisy whatsoever.

None.

I'm sure he deserves a statue in Puerto Rico. In the United States, however, he deserves a noose for sedition and war crimes. Our founding fathers fought against England for independence, if Washington were caught by the British do you think he's be in a parade in London? HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL NO, he'd probably be dead before the boat docked in England but certainly would never see the light of day again.

What your ignorant viewpoint fails to understand is that he was a fighter for a foreign entity AGAINST THE UNITED STATES, and as such is a convicted enemy of the State.

Quote:
What a hypocrit Gov. Cuomo is for condemning Oscar Lopez Rivera, and then marching at the front of the Israeli day parade. If anyone is a terrorist it is the Israeli state which bulldozes and bombs residential neighborhoods of Palestinians all so that Palestine cannot have its own state.
Agree or not with Israeli domestic policy, Israel doesn't put bombs in office buildings to kill/maim innocent bystanders. Your Puerto Rican hero's group did. Big difference. There's a cop missing an eye because of things this guy did, there are DEAD Americans. You don't let that slide, you can't let the world know that everything will be forgiven a few years down the road so come on in and blow things up! smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 12:37 PM

461 posts, read 557,135 times
Oscar Lopez was not charged with any of the actual bombings. He was charged with something like conspiracy because they could not link him to any single attack. It was a BS charge meant to punish dissent. He is a hero to many Puerto Ricans and it's a shame that this parada has been made to seem so controversial, and that Oscar will no longer be honored. The Puerto Rican people being pressured for celebrating their heroes at their own prade, smh.

Like the poster above me said, fighting for independence has never been pretty, but I will not villify a national liberation figure for any country that has a right to self-determination.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:44 PM

983 posts, read 934,999 times
Comparing what Israel or the US does to what FALN did is PC nonsense.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:04 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,200,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
Comparing what Israel or the US does to what FALN did is PC nonsense.
Lmao no YOU ignoring israeli and US war crimes but getting red in the face about the Puerto struggle for national liberation is exactly that. PC BS.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:10 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,757,144 times
Quote:
Lmao no YOU ignoring israeli and US war crimes but getting red in the face about the Puerto struggle for national liberation is exactly that. PC BS.
Like I said, there's a big difference between committing war crimes for your country as opposed to against your country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Oscar Lopez was not charged with any of the actual bombings. He was charged with something like conspiracy because they could not link him to any single attack
Then why did he REFUSE to sign an oath to abandon all forms of violence when Bill Clinton offered to pardon him in 1999? He CHOSE to reserve rights to commit violence against the United States rather than get his freedom.

That tells you everything you need to know about this lowlife piece of trash

Old 06-06-2017, 01:55 PM

3,765 posts, read 3,497,068 times
Quote:
and are not Puerto Rican than shut up.
But I am, so now what?

You cannot re-write history. Read the wiki link I posted.

As I asked you in the last thread that you IGNORED... Where do you live? It better not be here in the USA.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:57 PM

3,765 posts, read 3,497,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
He is a hero to many Puerto Ricans
He is a Hero to a small group of Ricans that think violence is the answer. Get over it, Ricans who live on the island have not voted for independence when they had the chance to, so what the hell are you all fighting about?

Old 06-06-2017, 09:45 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
So basically the guy in question is Oscar López Rivera, he was part of a terrorist group in the 70's that blew sh|t up in PR. He was sentenced to a total of 70 years along with his cronies. In '99 Clinton pardoned the whole terror group out of prison if they swore to renounce violence forever. Everyone signed on except this guy Rivera and he stayed in supermax. Obama pardoned him anyways a few years ago (wtf).

So anyways he was going to be in the parade and DeBlasio said for weeks he didn't care and after people got upset and River pulled out, all of a sudden DeBlasio is like "I never supported that guy there's no way I would be in the parade"

LOL BeBozio making a run at Lindsay for worst mayor ever

OK because that is what I thought happened. Blatant flip flop by DeBlasio but I don't see anyone reporting that. Did the NY Post since they are on record as anti-DeBlasio?

Old 06-06-2017, 09:51 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,270,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Can we discuss this?

This has been one of those stories that was on the back burner that I didn't really pay attention to. But my understanding is that they chose a controversial figure to be their leader, and various groups were pulling out of the parade because of that, but the mayor was standing by them.

Now I heard on WNYC today that controversial dude pulled out and DeBlasio is saying, "I always thought it was a bad idea to have him."

Am I misunderstanding what happened or is the mayor talking out of both sides of his mouth yet again?
Mayor de Boo Boo is a pathological liar who is going to get reelected in November because no Democrat will take him on, and no Republican can win. I predict he will get the smallest number of total votes for mayor in a two-way race in the last 100 years or more. Nobody likes this guy.

And yes, his first inclination was all in supporting this terrorist. It took a few days, and they he realized he had made a big mistake.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:54 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Mayor de Boo Boo is a pathological liar who is going to get reelected in November because no Democrat will take him on, and no Republican can win. I predict he will get the smallest number of total votes for mayor in a two-way race in the last 100 years or more. Nobody likes this guy.

And yes, his first inclination was all in supporting this terrorist. It took a few days, and they he realized he had made a big mistake.

"No Republican can win" is a cop out because the two previous mayors were elected as Republicans.

I left NYC last year, so it doesn't affect me, but I would certainly vote for a Bloomberg-type over him. I think he is beatable and for whatever reason the right challenger hasn't emerged.

He is really the worst when it comes to taking both sides on every issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City