Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:28 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,355,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Broadway and Dyckman have a ton of bars
Am here to tell you that they do have a *ton* of bars... Plenty of hole-in-the-wall and trashy places if that's your cup of tea or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 09:39 AM

7,907 posts, read 7,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am here to tell you that they do have a *ton* of bars... Plenty of hole-in-the-wall and trashy places if that's your cup of tea or whatever.
Disagree. They got a nice new spot on Sherman and Dyckman. Real colorful. When I say bars I include lounges or clubs which have a bar in em

Old 06-30-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Disagree. They got a nice new spot on Sherman and Dyckman. Real colorful. When I say bars I include lounges or clubs which have a bar in em
Have not seen such a place on Sherman and Dyckman, and can tell you that area is still dirty as ever (literally and figuratively).

Old 06-30-2017, 10:15 AM

6,699 posts, read 6,078,519 times
Quote:
Have not seen such a place on Sherman and Dyckman, and can tell you that area is still dirty as ever (literally and figuratively).
True on the outside, but once you go inside, the outside will be forgotten.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
True on the outside, but once you go inside, the outside will be forgotten.
Drink all your problems away...

Old 06-30-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Drink all your problems away...
Well, I don't go to those bars. But I have walked by and have seen huge new restaurants and bars popping up all over the place. Believe it or not, they are just as expensive as the ones at Chelsea, etc.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't go to those bars. But I have walked by and have seen huge new restaurants and bars popping up all over the place. Believe it or not, they are just as expensive as the ones at Chelsea, etc.
And who in the hell frequents these places? Can understand the prices Downtown, but Uptown, cannot justify paying such exorbitant charges.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
And who in the hell frequents these places? Can understand the prices Downtown, but Uptown, cannot justify paying such exorbitant charges.
That's what I was wondering.

I think people come in from the Bronx - if I suspect correctly. Believe it or not, people are spending because otherwise, those restaurants wouldn't be opened. Although, there have been many transplants moving into the Inwood area as of late. I walked by the other day, and even saw a cigar bar. The neighborhood is nothing from when I was a kid.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
That's what I was wondering.

I think people come in from the Bronx - if I suspect correctly. Believe it or not, people are spending because otherwise, those restaurants wouldn't be opened. Although, there have been many transplants moving into the Inwood area as of late. I walked by the other day, and even saw a cigar bar. The neighborhood is nothing from when I was a kid.
Will have to break from being *politically correct* and say that all of the monies pouring into such places can't possibility be legal. Am certain that nearby Nagle is still as *HOT* as ever. You being a longtime resident, am certain you know what I'm referring to. Not too long ago, heard of a bust in the Bronx where dealers were using Uber placards to make deliveries. Apparently, deliveries took place in Upper Manhattan too.

http://pix11.com/2017/05/03/drug-dea...ration-police/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3134238

Old 06-30-2017, 02:11 PM

87 posts, read 140,673 times
Bar Hopping is fun (when your a drinker) because you get to try out a bunch of different places and get the ins and outs of all of them....so when and if you have nothing to do or your plan A plans fall thru and your with a friend or two you can always come up with a place that you know you can go and have fun like "BAR A has good drinks but no food But Bar B has ok drinks and food Bar C plays good music and has good drinks Bar B always has good looking people there, play good music and have drink specials" it's all about OPTIONS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: