Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 12:08 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Funny Story!

My friends and i were just talking non-sense one night when we started talking about farts. One of my friends let a wet fart out and this promted another friend to ask a weird question to everyone. "How do you wash your ass?" One of my friends stated that he does not touch his starfish due to homophobia. What he does is he lathers his lower back and lets the soap duds go in between the crack and then lets water rinses it off... I was LOLing all night at that. Another friend uses a rag to wash his butt and he rarely cleans the rag.

I agree on black or grey underwear. I never wear white undies.
*LOL* And with that joke, now have to attempt to eat lunch and block out those undies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 04:33 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
https://www.amazon.com/laundry-dryin...node=695488011

I would use the washers only, take my clothes back to my apartment....and dry them there.
I use that. I only dry bedding, pillows and towels. I go to the laundromat weekly. I wish I had a washer in my apartment.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:49 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
quote:
When a dryer costs $3 for 48 minutes, you'd expect it to be the best damn dryer on Earth.
SIKE!!!

The dryers are fairly large, and was only about 40% full, and I had to do two rounds because the 1st round my clothes were still wet. I already emailed the management company. All I want is my extra $3 back and that specific dryer looked at.

The chary part of my brain thinks the affordable new housing buildings, and all new buildings in general, do this to maximize proifts and it's disgusting. Thee dollars for a load of laundy is... a complete rip off, especially when you have to do it twice. It's exactly the issue I spoke of in my original post. but maybe part of the blame is how lame the new eco-friendly machines are? I mean hells look at anything labeled eco-friendly and you are paying an arm and a leg for it, how is it worth it for working class people who don't have the luxury to be on a crusade to save the planet!?!

Old 07-31-2017, 05:52 PM

quote:
One of my friends stated that he does not touch his starfish due to homophobia. What he does is he lathers his lower back and lets the soap duds go in between the crack and then lets water rinses it off...

omfg this made me laugh really hard just now. does he also not jerk off due to homophobia as well!?!?

Old 07-31-2017, 06:09 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Last time I did laundry downstairs in my building, the only other person in there told me there were too many soap suds in my washing machines (I was using three). She claimed that during the last rinse cycle -- I guess about 5 minutes prior to the end of the whole thing -- that there should be no suds, like in her machine. She said she was concerned for me because if there's too much soap in my clothes, the chemicals will get onto my skin.

She's probably right. But I use those Tide pods and I was only using one pod per machine. Maybe everyone above who sends their laundry out because "life is too short" has the right idea. I don't have the patience to get every laundry detail correct.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM

quote:
She said she was concerned for me because if there's too much soap in my clothes, the chemicals will get onto my skin.

I really hope you turned around and mooned her.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:07 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
She said she was concerned for me because if there's too much soap in my clothes, the chemicals will get onto my skin.

I really hope you turned around and mooned her.
She was a really well-meaning Chinese lady, a school teacher. So...no, I was nice and polite and listened to her. I kept an open mind. It's possible she is right.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:09 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
Pay to get the wash done. I get 2 bags done for $60, wash, dry, fold, and dress shirts on hangers.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:17 PM

Ha henna! It's funny where my stereotyping mind went.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:19 PM

How big are those bags for 60 bux? the only time I ever got my laundry did was when I was renting a room in a 5 bedroom room in harlem and every time I went downstairs to the laundry room I was told there's no room. People were running a laundry service in the building :/ great to make money for them im sure, but no one was "allowed" to use our communal laundry room except the old school warsh ladies. It was expensive and i only did socks and underwear. I didn't wash a single shirt, pants, etc for 6 months :/ I must have smelled like ass on the 1 train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City