Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:08 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Sites like Indeed and Monster should not be included in anyone's job search.
LOL.
If you have a good Cover Letter and Resume, Indeed and Monster should definitely be a part of your job search.

Some of the postings on these sites require you to hit a couple of buttons to apply. Of course not everyone will respond, but I've found great jobs through Indeed, and know plenty of people who have too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 02:18 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times
I got my job through networking. I never would have made the money I made if it weren't for the connections I had from my hometown. Never underestimate the power of a hiring manager being from the same school as you. In my case, it was my high school.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:42 PM

60 posts, read 51,379 times
these days, it's not about what you know but who you know.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:45 PM

881 posts, read 614,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco2 View Post
these days, it's not about what you know but who you know.
It's always been that way: there's an old New Yorker cartoon with two bums walking through a park, one growling to the other, "They say it's not what you know but who you know. And who do I know? You!"

Old 11-20-2017, 01:47 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessLoser View Post
It's always been that way: there's an old New Yorker cartoon with two bums walking through a park, one growling to the other, "They say it's not what you know but who you know. And who do I know? You!"
I always thought it was not who you know but who your family and friends know.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:05 PM

881 posts, read 614,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I always thought it was not who you know but who your family and friends know.
LOL

And once you get the job, it's not what you do but who you do it with...camaraderie goes a long way.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 990 times
I've been looking for a job for years, my degree in from a foreign country, but I have great experience in media for over than 15 years, I submitted my resume everywhere, every site, applied for thousand jobs, my resume is great, still didn't get hired, I hooked up with a freelancer job , very little work, big hassle with a nasty environment, I really got depressed, I don't know much people here cause I went through bad marriage which is drained my energy and destroyed social skills over years, although I'm still social I got myself back as a strong woman came out from ashes, but I can't find a way to get a real job and have a solid ground to continue my life.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 462 times
I do not think that it's very much hard to get job in new york if you have right skills with you. Once you have right skill you can search various NYC jobs board to get right opportunity. My search always starts with [url]https://www.nycjobsboard.com/[/url]

Old 10-29-2019, 09:07 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianyc44 View Post
I've been looking for a job for years, my degree in from a foreign country, but I have great experience in media for over than 15 years, I submitted my resume everywhere, every site, applied for thousand jobs, my resume is great, still didn't get hired, I hooked up with a freelancer job , very little work, big hassle with a nasty environment, I really got depressed, I don't know much people here cause I went through bad marriage which is drained my energy and destroyed social skills over years, although I'm still social I got myself back as a strong woman came out from ashes, but I can't find a way to get a real job and have a solid ground to continue my life.
Opinion:
Some say it is the nails that keep the house together while others say it was
the power behind the hammer that built the home. Be the Hammer Julianyc44......Be the Hammer.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:25 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Learn Spanish to get employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: