Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 04:57 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Hey genius,

I’ve been living here since I was born. So has the majority of people in this city. It used to be a place we could afford until rich scumbags started moving in en masse.

You solution sounds like crap.

I’d much rather we have an uprising like in ferguson and Baltimore and instead drive out the rich yuppies who’ve been making life for us working class New Yorkers unaffordable. Much better solution. Then people like you can go find somewhere else to live? How’s that for laughable.

By the way, I don’t think we’re very far off from that right now, I’d be marking my calendar if I was you. Could be any day now. It’s 2018 and real New Yorkers are sick and tired of being displaced by yuppies
Sounds like its time to move out of the city. Since Trump has been elected the probability of an uprising seems to have diminished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 04:59 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
LeFrak is not NYCHA.
Many still refer to them as projects even though they aren't NYCHA. I had family in LeFrak.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:08 AM

5,827 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Many still refer to them as projects even though they aren't NYCHA. I had family in LeFrak.
Always thought it was the projects.
Let me assure you, no fond memories were made there. I was there during the age of 12-23.

Parents stuck around because, apparently when you get old, you dont want to move anywhere.

The place had lots of money thrown at it recently. A lot nicer now. A LOT.
No more **** in the elevators, hallways, garage. No more drug dealing in the open at least. Cops all around, Cop robost patrolling the yard. cameras. Good mix of hard working folk.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
How many coat hangers does a family need?

Quote:
Parents stuck around because, apparently when you get old, you dont want to move anywhere.

You can say THAT again.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:53 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
and y’all still fighting tooth and nail to get in this bish...

Old 01-07-2018, 12:57 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
NYCHA plumber racks up $228G in overtime - NY Daily News

There's no incentive to fix anything. Fix it and no OT.
Why don’t they hire more plumbers for the job, spread em out to the different NYCHA developments

Old 01-07-2018, 02:06 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
If you cant afford a decent living standard in NYC, its not anyone fault but yours. You are not suited for this city. Its very simple. The whole affordable housing crap is just laughable. You live where you can afford. Always been that way.

Either make changes in your life to be able to live well move somewhere else and try your luck there.
Clearly you know NOTHING about the actually history of NYC.
This city has always been a place were poor immigrants came to live a better life.

And then you crack me up, you grew up in an building made for working class, (its the old school affordable apartments) and now you judge others. Get off your horse man, you aint that high up and special.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:21 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Clearly you know NOTHING about the actually history of NYC.
This city has always been a place were poor immigrants came to live a better life.

And then you crack me up, you grew up in an building made for working class, (its the old school affordable apartments) and now you judge others. Get off your horse man, you aint that high up and special.
This is not 1920 anymore. You do realize that those poor immigrant NYC days are pretty much over, right? There are much better places for poor immigrants to go to than NYC.

NYC used to get the lion’s share of poor immigrants. That is no longer the case for many decades now.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:44 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Instead of complaining how much better others are doing, you should have invested in yourself as times go by. Maybe then you would be able to keep up with NYC prices.

People who complain are usually the problem. You get out there and take whats yours, or some one else will.

Locked and Loaded.
The ruling class in this country aren’t “doing” better, they are robbing and exploiting us who actually work for living while they do nothing.

I love how whenever someone talks about how rent is too high and how the rich are getting over right wing trolls like you on this forum claim that I’m lazy and should invest in myself.

That’s crazy, I work for a living 40 hours a week. I went to College and earned a degree. So have many other people in this city. Many who live in NYCHA. Many of us are struggling to make ends meets despite doing exactly what you are talking about because this system is not working for working class New Yorkers.

People who complain are the problem? Really??? What about the problems we are complaining about.

Overall very simple minded post. I can tell you are rich and never had to work a day in your life, so you could never empathize with working families: Some of us didn’t grow up with silver spoons in our mouth like you.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:48 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Sounds like its time to move out of the city. Since Trump has been elected the probability of an uprising seems to have diminished.
Diminished!? What are you smoking!?! INCREASED you mean. Trumps political agenda of tax cuts for the rich and tax increases for working people and attacks on immigrants and women practically ENSURES there will be uprising in near future
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City