Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 08:55 PM

205 posts, read 336,969 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing you dont have Hep B then, you just dont have the shot

Old 06-22-2019, 10:04 PM

324 posts, read 530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjay1 View Post
It wasnt a disqualification letter said I can fix that with a shot if I get put on
You probably read the letter wrong. The letter said you were or were not immune to hep b. Not that u have it. If your not immune u just need a shot.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:31 PM

450 posts, read 475,784 times
Dsny has better benefits and a much better and healthier pension. Fdny pension is broke because everyone and their mother goes out 3/4. Guys take more then they put in. Google fdny pension and have fun reading. For the new guys ot isn't pensionable so your pension will be 50% of your base. Short term, fdny has the advantage due to scheduling and dsny probies crappiness of the job. Long term, Dsny all the way. Take care of your body so you can enjoy old age, not like all these crippled dinosaurs with thirty years behind the truck. Fdny is also big on the brotherhood circle jerk whereas dsny you can do your own thing and they leave you alone. As mentioned before, liberalism has infected fdny like a cancer so have fun dealing with that mockery.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Dsny has better benefits and a much better and healthier pension. Fdny pension is broke because everyone and their mother goes out 3/4. Guys take more then they put in. Google fdny pension and have fun reading. For the new guys ot isn't pensionable so your pension will be 50% of your base. Short term, fdny has the advantage due to scheduling and dsny probies crappiness of the job. Long term, Dsny all the way. Take care of your body so you can enjoy old age, not like all these crippled dinosaurs with thirty years behind the truck. Fdny is also big on the brotherhood circle jerk whereas dsny you can do your own thing and they leave you alone. As mentioned before, liberalism has infected fdny like a cancer so have fun dealing with that mockery.

Just a correction....OT is pensionable. Had a long talk with one of union heads and he confirmed OT is def 100% pensionable. As long as it's no more than 10% from previous year. So a career broom guy cant jump off in last 5 years make truck, charts and sundays and make 140k and expect his pension to be half that. It has to be consistent throughout career . If you make 120k since you hit top pay , your pension will be from that figure.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:55 PM

172 posts, read 590,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
Just a correction....OT is pensionable. Had a long talk with one of union heads and he confirmed OT is def 100% pensionable. As long as it's no more than 10% from previous year. So a career broom guy cant jump off in last 5 years make truck, charts and sundays and make 140k and expect his pension to be half that. It has to be consistent throughout career . If you make 120k since you hit top pay , your pension will be from that figure.
You are correct about the OT being pensionable but your example is off. Your pension = 1/2 your final average salary. Your final average salary = your highest earning consecutive 5 years. So technically a broom guy could go behind the truck and crush it for 5yrs and set up his pension.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:27 PM

205 posts, read 336,969 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. So if I was FDNY I should be worried about even getting my pension at a certain point? I thought everyone was getting their 50% base in the end with OT included, as long as the previous 5 years before the highest average 5 years is within 10%. I have heard about the whole politics situation between some firehouses but it just seems like some senseless drama that I’m not interested in.

PS I just read up on the fdny pension debt, my god it’ll be 10 billion soon. They’ll probably just make it harder and harder to get 3/4s. Not to mention they’ll be hiring a lot of guys over the next few years so there will be less OT opportunity I’m guessing

Last edited by anthonydsny; 06-22-2019 at 11:38 PM..

Old 06-23-2019, 07:53 AM

450 posts, read 475,784 times
In regards to my OT pension comment I was referring to fdny, NOT dsny. 0% of ot is pensionable for incoming Fdny rookies.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
In regards to my OT pension comment I was referring to fdny, NOT dsny. 0% of ot is pensionable for incoming Fdny rookies.
Wow had no idea. That's alot of money in retirement to give up if u switch depts

Old 06-23-2019, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,621 times
Quick question about going sick. Say you are in category A and wanna go sick for three days. Do you have to call each day you are out or you call once then call then clinic the day before you want to resume?

Old 06-23-2019, 03:49 PM

254 posts, read 391,654 times
I'm just lookin to getting through these 18 months, you guys bugging not even otj yet talking about pension haha.

Good on you guys for that. Deferred comp is what's up too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City