Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 12:07 PM

444 posts, read 700,849 times

Advertisements

yes i would prob fall into being nxt too only a few spots away , gonna have to so the entire medical all over again too if and when the time comes , fun fun fun

Old 05-02-2020, 08:09 AM

161 posts, read 261,488 times
So not sure how many people saw the Harry Video but it’s not looking good for new hires this year at all. He mentioned that he doesn’t even know if In a few months some of us won’t be furloughed or laid off. NYC needs the federal government to bail or NYS

This is only what I got from that video. He mentions a lot about the new contract but honestly that’s in the back of my mind right now

Old 05-02-2020, 08:16 AM

3,751 posts, read 3,488,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Bx11 View Post
So not sure how many people saw the Harry Video but it’s not looking good for new hires this year at all. He mentioned that he doesn’t even know if In a few months some of us won’t be furloughed or laid off. NYC needs the federal government to bail or NYS

This is only what I got from that video. He mentions a lot about the new contract but honestly that’s in the back of my mind right now
Layoff and Furlough talk are all games because the City and State all of a sudden need Trump's money. If our city and state would stop using our money for pet projects we would have had enough of a savings to get through this virus with money to spare.

Let's ask DeBlasio, again, where the 1.5 BILLION him and his wife pissed away is?

Oh that's right, let's just blame Trump. We aren't allow to blame DeBlasio or Cuomo for a damn thing.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:13 AM

501 posts, read 585,267 times
Quote:

Well according to the Democrats the next bill to pass is going to help city and state...even some Republicans are in favor so let's see what happens with that

Old 05-02-2020, 12:11 PM

450 posts, read 475,784 times
The democratic party of old is no more yet they expect us to continue sucking them off. I've been off the plantation, never was in fact. Join me brothers and sisters! They prefer mr. T and his illegals over you and me.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:48 PM

150 posts, read 195,293 times
Quote:

link??

Old 05-04-2020, 04:39 PM

14 posts, read 18,536 times
random question...maybe someone can help me, let me start by saying I took the sanitation worker exam, my list number is 526x and I passed the physical exam in 2017, I have not heard anything since I took the physical, no email, no letter in the mail, still waiting to be called for pre orientation and medical, I was hopeful that I would be called this year but it doesn't look like thats going to happen based on what I have been reading in this forum. However, I just started working for another city agency in January 2020, I recently went on my nyc.gov/ess login(which was just recently created when I started this job, this was my second time logging in) I went on the careers page and on the my activities page it shows 9 different sanitation worker applications dating back to 2018 and 2019, some were for flyod Bennett, Brooklyn and some were for 58th St, woodside ny, next to each application is says applied and not hired, I am very confused by this considering I have not heard anything from dsny, did I miss something? I hope this isn't a dumb question but hopefully someone can tell me what that means, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Old 05-04-2020, 05:15 PM

450 posts, read 475,784 times
Have you ever applied to be a tradesman with the city?

Old 05-04-2020, 06:41 PM

164 posts, read 216,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc733 View Post
random question...maybe someone can help me, let me start by saying I took the sanitation worker exam, my list number is 526x and I passed the physical exam in 2017, I have not heard anything since I took the physical, no email, no letter in the mail, still waiting to be called for pre orientation and medical, I was hopeful that I would be called this year but it doesn't look like thats going to happen based on what I have been reading in this forum. However, I just started working for another city agency in January 2020, I recently went on my nyc.gov/ess login(which was just recently created when I started this job, this was my second time logging in) I went on the careers page and on the my activities page it shows 9 different sanitation worker applications dating back to 2018 and 2019, some were for flyod Bennett, Brooklyn and some were for 58th St, woodside ny, next to each application is says applied and not hired, I am very confused by this considering I have not heard anything from dsny, did I miss something? I hope this isn't a dumb question but hopefully someone can tell me what that means, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Its just their outdated weird system, pretty much every time you were on Outstanding Certification. It opened a pending file for you. I’m not an nyc employee however I was asked to log in to nyc employee portal to fill out paperwork for FP and noticed the same thing.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:48 PM

14 posts, read 18,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Have you ever applied to be a tradesman with the city?
yes I have applied for many city jobs on nyc.gov, but on that activity page it doesn't show the sanitation worker job, now that I work for the city and I have an nyc.gov/ess login which is different from my normal nyc.gov login it shows that I applied for sanitation worker 9 different times, 4 times in 2018 and 5 times in 2019. (I created this login like 3 months ago when I started working for the city so I find it weird that there is applications on it from 2 years ago)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City