Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 09:45 AM

324 posts, read 530,031 times

Advertisements

They are already planning a reopening within next few months. I doubt there will be a july class but my guess is there will still be classss this year in fall or towards end of year. Btw There is still a scheduled july police academy class . No one knows anything at this point if someone tells u they know something is definite, theyre lying.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:06 AM

324 posts, read 530,031 times
Im going to make a bold prediction, ...i have a feeling the way it is now with the shifts split evenly to midnites, days and 4-12 , will stay this way indefinitely even after this pandemic passes. As well as no more out of town unless using trucks from your own district Thoughts ? I think i like it better this way honestly.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:23 AM

501 posts, read 584,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
And no, didnt get hired in 2019, well off probation my friend, i know it must be horrible to still be on baskets everyday...and if u had half a brain, The exact place u circled says OTHER AGENCIES lol. Under the sanitation section of budget cuts it mentions nothing of layoffs or even hiring freeze. On the contrary, under the police section of budget cuts it says postponing police classes, where ill say it again slow....mentions none of that for sanitation. Now this is why u cant listen to half the guys on this job...
Facts I stated that earlier as well about it not saying sanitation specifically lol

Old 04-17-2020, 10:31 AM

164 posts, read 216,515 times
They should increase the DSNY budget lol.. environmentally/healthy friendly efforts should increase because of what we’re going through. We got a good taste of an life threatening scenario.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:37 AM

84 posts, read 150,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco17 View Post
Well I mean if the state starts opening up the government more and starts relaxing some of the stay at home laws like Trump keeps saying in the next month or so...and the state and city gets help from the federal government like diblasio keeps asking for maybe there is a chance people still get hired this year...idk keeping the optimism alive lol
Gathering of over 50 people this year.......not happening.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:51 AM

712 posts, read 1,207,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
And no, didnt get hired in 2019, well off probation my friend, i know it must be horrible to still be on baskets everyday...and if u had half a brain, The exact place u circled says OTHER AGENCIES lol. Under the sanitation section of budget cuts it mentions nothing of layoffs or even hiring freeze. On the contrary, under the police section of budget cuts it says postponing police classes, where ill say it again slow....mentions none of that for sanitation. Now this is why u cant listen to half the guys on this job...
Lmao I’m way off probation myself lmao

Old 04-17-2020, 10:52 AM

164 posts, read 216,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman6275 View Post
Doubt for “the year”. From now till August will be a sh*t show our mayors and governors and president spewing bs. Come Sept they’ll scramble to open schools and prepare for holidays (think of shopping)* that season makes our economy.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:58 AM

501 posts, read 584,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman6275 View Post
Can't say that for a fact...it's only April alot of the year left to go

Old 04-17-2020, 11:06 AM

450 posts, read 474,742 times
Every genius in here is missing one massive point: the city, state and federal govts are broke. Nobody cared, cares, will care about sanitation. In proper 2k5 fashion: it takes time for you to realize yourself that the words that just came outta my mouth are reality. If you bother reading the budget cuts posted before, they cut the most important function - cleaning. Whoever mentiones the union I gotta give it to you that's the joke of the year. When the time comes vote that swamp out. I've yet to see a mask at my district but hey at least I get to see tweets of all the fake hypocritical liberals thanking me for being a hero. I honestly do not think I could carry on in these tough times if it weren't for that Jimmy Fallon video. Thank you for you service late night talk show host. Word of advise, memorize your lines and try not to stutter while thanking dsny. Don't ever forget you're nothing but a number.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:20 AM

264 posts, read 504,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Every genius in here is missing one massive point: the city, state and federal govts are broke. Nobody cared, cares, will care about sanitation. In proper 2k5 fashion: it takes time for you to realize yourself that the words that just came outta my mouth are reality. If you bother reading the budget cuts posted before, they cut the most important function - cleaning. Whoever mentiones the union I gotta give it to you that's the joke of the year. When the time comes vote that swamp out. I've yet to see a mask at my district but hey at least I get to see tweets of all the fake hypocritical liberals thanking me for being a hero. I honestly do not think I could carry on in these tough times if it weren't for that Jimmy Fallon video. Thank you for you service late night talk show host. Word of advise, memorize your lines and try not to stutter while thanking dsny. Don't ever forget you're nothing but a number.
Union definitely dropped the ball. Cant say I will ever have any confidence in anything they do after this. How often do we get a chance to vote? I remember the last one being 4 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City