Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 10:52 AM

3 posts, read 12,470 times

Advertisements

I just got my DCAS letters last week and did my agility today (passed it!). With a list number in the 68XX range, what is the timeline for the next step and what is the next step? Medical? Interview?

Old 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM

450 posts, read 475,784 times
Next step would be to sign up for the next test in June of this year

Old 01-02-2020, 11:59 AM

324 posts, read 530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool718 View Post
for those already on with some time:

anyone know if there is a home garage exception rule for transfers? for example say your garage out of the academy is Manhattan 2. you transfer next period to manhattan 5. you dont like your six months there and put in a transfer back to manhaTTAN 2 next open period. is there a preference for you to transfer back in since it was your original garage? does it apply ( if it exists) to regular garages or to speciality garages such as lots or brooms etc only? thanks in advance.

No if u transfer out of a garage , u cant just go back if u dont like it. U have to put a transfer slip in back in to your old garage and u would get it based on seniority and needs. Transfers are the same process across the board for everyone whether it be a new garage or your old garage. Same thing goes for broom garages ,lots, etc. The only thing that applies to is if u take the promotion test and make supervisor, u have a year to go back as a san worker to your old garage . . The garage u go to out of FBF, u can get a tissue right away if it makes it to u., otherwise if u transfer to a diff garage u have to wait a year to take a tissue.
If u take a tissue , some garages give u some sort of timeframe to get the tissue back if u decide to drop it and want it back, usually a month or so, but those are in house rules and can vary across the city.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:07 PM

324 posts, read 530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarkstone View Post
I just got my DCAS letters last week and did my agility today (passed it!). With a list number in the 68XX range, what is the timeline for the next step and what is the next step? Medical? Interview?

Well if last list number hired was 45xx ( I think that was last # hired ) and you're 68xx, they hiring 1000 people this year so they say. Based on that, and a hiring ratio of 1 to 2.5 ( at the very best ) they'll reach list # 7000 approximately for this year. So if it is true you have a decent shot for this year. If they hire 1000 people you'll be hired towards end of year , so you'll go thru medical and everything around summertime.
Again this all depends on if they hire as many people as they say they are.
Or they can turn around and hire zero people , but union is saying it's a big hiring year so hope for best

Old 01-02-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Next step would be to sign up for the next test in June of this year
I come here for actual help - not sarcasm.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
Well if last list number hired was 45xx ( I think that was last # hired ) and you're 68xx, they hiring 1000 people this year so they say. Based on that, and a hiring ratio of 1 to 2.5 ( at the very best ) they'll reach list # 7000 approximately for this year. So if it is true you have a decent shot for this year. If they hire 1000 people you'll be hired towards end of year , so you'll go thru medical and everything around summertime.
Again this all depends on if they hire as many people as they say they are.
Or they can turn around and hire zero people , but union is saying it's a big hiring year so hope for best
Thank you very much!

Old 01-02-2020, 01:49 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,972,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarkstone View Post
I come here for actual help - not sarcasm.
So the reality is , there’s a good chance the list doesn’t make it to you, but there’s also a chance it does, so to answer your question, if they are getting close to your number , sometime in the spring, you will get a letter to attend pre orientation, then after that you will get a medical date, if you pass everything and are otherwise not DQ, if they reach your number you will get an appointment for final processing, after that, you show up at the training facility for day 1.

Get your cdl ASAP if you don’t already have it

Old 01-02-2020, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
Default Took the physical today

I took the physical today and was wondering if the amount of time you took to complete the test has any impact on when they might call you for the next step in the hiring process ??? (completed the test with good timing)

Old 01-02-2020, 09:34 PM

199 posts, read 519,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossburg552 View Post
I took the physical today and was wondering if the amount of time you took to complete the test has any impact on when they might call you for the next step in the hiring process ??? (completed the test with good timing)
Test is pass/fail. Time completed is irrelevant.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:16 AM

450 posts, read 475,784 times
You're borderline. Sign up for the next test just in case they don't get to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City