Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2019, 12:43 PM

31 posts, read 64,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario070989 View Post
This makes me concerned as well, I have a similar situation as the gentleman you’re replying to. This question is dumb but where can I find the number for HR?
Don't pay the ticket. You can have pending tickets just inform them. They are going to interview you separately and ask you about the ticket. I got hired with a pending ticket and it still hasn't been resolved.

Old 12-24-2019, 03:32 PM

324 posts, read 530,047 times
U can have a pending ticket and still be hired. I had a pending ticket , I disclosed it, and it was not an issue and I'm still going to court fighting it. However, if u have a pending ticket where it would jeopardize your license, ex : dwi, dui, suspended license, excessive points etc then it would def hold u back. If it's only for like 2 points and your record is clean otherwise theres nothing to worry about.

Old 12-24-2019, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 5,138 times
I'm 12,557 on the list. Does anyone know if I have a chance on getting called for Exam #5001 ?

Old 12-25-2019, 06:19 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloaizas View Post
I'm 12,557 on the list. Does anyone know if I have a chance on getting called for Exam #5001 ?
No, sign up for the next test in June

Old 12-25-2019, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 3,531 times
Merry Christmas everyone!

I just received a letter about the DSNY physical exam. It outlines the exam, carry basket to here and there. Lift it up 36 inches, etc.

I'm a tad confused on the portion of the pamphlet that says to be signed by physician. Am I to leave this blank and a physician at the test site is to sign it or am I bringing this to a personal doctor beforehand signed and ready to go? I'm in good health, no injuries or surgeries. I'm just terrified of doing the wrong thing and I get disqualified.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:42 AM

13 posts, read 15,394 times
Hi everyone I just discovered this page and it has great info
My list number is 48xx and took the physical way back and never hear another thing . Should I have heard something or expect something soon

Old 12-27-2019, 11:42 AM

186 posts, read 308,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeynyc23 View Post
Hi everyone I just discovered this page and it has great info
My list number is 48xx and took the physical way back and never hear another thing . Should I have heard something or expect something soon
Well no one knows what list # they will send out pre orientation letters to. My best advice is to keep an eye on this page and see what list numbers that guys are receiving letters. But you are definitely on the cusp of getting called next year. Get your cdl license now and you will increase your odds of getting on this job. Good luck!

Old 12-27-2019, 01:52 PM

13 posts, read 15,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmandan View Post
Well no one knows what list # they will send out pre orientation letters to. My best advice is to keep an eye on this page and see what list numbers that guys are receiving letters. But you are definitely on the cusp of getting called next year. Get your cdl license now and you will increase your odds of getting on this job. Good luck!
But I never even got anything for medical should I have at least got that

Old 12-27-2019, 03:31 PM

164 posts, read 216,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeynyc23 View Post
But I never even got anything for medical should I have at least got that
This is how it works, they take the next 500 (give/take 100) people in list order. They invite those to orientation. Once orientation is completed you will get a Medical Date. Pretty much everyone gets a medical date after your invited to orientation. You attend the medical and wait to be called for final processing. After final processing you’ll receive a carbon copy of your official job offer. Nothing is official to you leave final processing with some type of paperwork stating you as a sanitation worker.

I made it to final processing only to be told someone’s medical was appealed and I was placed on a reserve list incase someone declined or didn’t show.

Feels great every time I see a Dsny truck now..sarcasm.

It could take 5 or 9 months from orientation to start assuming your medically cleared.

Dsny puts as many as 5 classes to 0 classes usually starting in June/July. However, it can be as early as March/April.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:59 PM

444 posts, read 700,519 times
hopefully seein u in that nxt class brotha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City