Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 07:03 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Divorce and fighting over material things with an ex is super painful. (I have been through that route myself). But I can only imagine the pain that she felt while having to battle with her ex over their child. Of course, her actions in taking her child's life will never be justified.
I can only imagine the pain that the poor little boy felt watching his parents battle over him and having to be handed over from one to the other at a police station because of the potential for violence between them. Sounds like a couple of immature adults who should have never had a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 02:13 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I read she was distraught because she could not take her child to Europe. I can't imagine what she was going through when she did this. It was not a cry out for help. It was a solution.
I think that she was still in love with her ex (he was super gorgeous and successful), and that because he sort of won the custody battle with their son, she used the boy - her only ace card - against him. The man obviously wanted nothing to do with her, but still cared for their child. So since she couldn't get him, she got him back emotionally by killing both herself and their child. She's been planning that for a long time. She is a murderer. I'm sorry to say so, but it's the truth. It's the epitome of domestic violence.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:28 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
Confused on why a Woman who received $1.2 Million and had a successful career as a Playboy Bunny would do this other than mental illness. It is clear money was not the issue but her ego and delusions. She was not "starving" or destitute by any means so this wasn't truly over alimony or CS keeping her afloat.
Money runs out very quickly when you have an expensive lifestyle and legal bills to pay. She probably thought she made it when she married someone rich. Plenty of housewives in Manhattan live in fear of divorce and being replaced by a younger version. Many woman refuse to leave the work place despite marrying rich, because they are aware that courts now a days don't give alimony, they are expected to return to work.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:14 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Money runs out very quickly when you have an expensive lifestyle and legal bills to pay. She probably thought she made it when she married someone rich. Plenty of housewives in Manhattan live in fear of divorce and being replaced by a younger version. Many woman refuse to leave the work place despite marrying rich, because they are aware that courts now a days don't give alimony, they are expected to return to work.
She had the looks to continue making more money than the best Chiropractor in NYC.

Attractive Women have carte blanche in life. She could easily have gotten another Man even with child. Look at Cierra. She was even able to upgrade from a thug rapper to a Superbowl champion Mr. Nice Guy.

But clearly there was undiagnosed or concealed mental illness.

A couple of million Women would ironically risk death to be in her shoes.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:31 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,399 times
Quote:
She had the looks to continue making more money than the best Chiropractor in NYC.

Attractive Women have carte blanche in life. She could easily have gotten another Man even with child. Look at Cierra. She was even able to upgrade from a thug rapper to a Superbowl champion Mr. Nice Guy.

Different type of woman. You can’t compare a 29-30 year old woman who comes from better background and celebrity to a 47 year old beauty pageant who seeked attention and took off her clothes for fame.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:30 AM

19 posts, read 9,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I think that she was still in love with her ex (he was super gorgeous and successful), and that because he sort of won the custody battle with their son, she used the boy - her only ace card - against him. The man obviously wanted nothing to do with her, but still cared for their child. So since she couldn't get him, she got him back emotionally by killing both herself and their child. She's been planning that for a long time. She is a murderer. I'm sorry to say so, but it's the truth. It's the epitome of domestic violence.
She suffered from mental illness. Why include all of the other elements that are merely speculation?

Old 05-20-2018, 07:45 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia2432 View Post
She suffered from mental illness. Why include all of the other elements that are merely speculation?
Exactly. Clearly she was mentally ill. Her actions were not normal behavior for someone with a healthy mind.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:30 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
The motivation was different, but a very similar set of events happened in Harlem a few years ago. https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...officials-say/

Miraculously, the baby boy survived with only a scratch because the mother's body cradled him and protected him from harm. Yes, the mom did die.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:51 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Exactly. Clearly she was mentally ill. Her actions were not normal behavior for someone with a healthy mind.
Mental health, i agree

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-20-2018, 10:05 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,954 times
Quote:

Cierra is/was a well known musical artist. This former playmate jumper may be attractive but good looking woman are a dime a dozen in NYC (IMHO). Unless she had some well placed connections or real world job skills then her career outlook was probably dim.

Sounds like a case of a selfish women who realized she was going to lose her luxury lifestyle and have limited access her own child. I bet she knew jumping wouldn't phase her ex but taking the kid with her was one final act of revenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: