Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 06:56 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I am in the final stages of solidifying my career. Hope to be director level in 5 to 7 years and move elsewhere.
Noooooooooo....
You can't move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 06:57 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
This is the 5th elderly person to get attacked in the last 12 months.
No, that is not what i am saying.

People have become emotionally/mentally unstable and i believe the mass media and social media is somewhat responsible for it.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:00 PM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times
Junior video?

Old 07-08-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Noooooooooo....
You can't move!
I just came back from Miami Beach. It was fun but i see a lot of NYC in Miami. A lot of new apt buildings that are empty with more being constructed. Lots of commercial spaces that are now empty. There was a gym in North Miami Beach that i went to last year that is now closed. North Miami Beach and also South Beach have strips of closed commercial spaces.

The major cities are now being flooded with people and the majority of these cities don't have the infrastructure to handle them all. I feel city officials should be more realistic to what their city can handle.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:15 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I just came back from Miami Beach. It was fun but i see a lot of NYC in Miami. A lot of new apt buildings that are empty with more being constructed. Lots of commercial spaces that are now empty. There was a gym in North Miami Beach that i went to last year that is now closed. North Miami Beach and also South Beach have strips of closed commercial spaces.

The major cities are now being flooded with people and the majority of these cities don't have the infrastructure to handle them all. I feel city officials should be more realistic to what their city can handle.

Just as with NYC and elsewhere much of that new construction in South Florida is fueled by investor (as opposed to bank) funding, with no small amount likely coming from *ahem* questionable sources. Russians and other Eastern Europeans (who DT just loves) are funding/buying property in South Florida/Miami area.

That last hurricane and climate predictions however are making people think twice about buying in many parts of SF; hence all that empty or near real estate.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:25 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Just as with NYC and elsewhere much of that new construction in South Florida is fueled by investor (as opposed to bank) funding, with no small amount likely coming from *ahem* questionable sources. Russians and other Eastern Europeans (who DT just loves) are funding/buying property in South Florida/Miami area.

Wrong demographic of investor. It usually Latin America people trying to move their money out, drug money from import/export, and medicare scams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtIRkurw6T8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LofI...VFbmp&index=15

Old 07-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

That last hurricane and climate predictions however are making people think twice about buying in many parts of SF; hence all that empty or near real estate.
I spent a day in Key West and did the 1.5 hr jet ski tour on the island and we stopped at a house that Pablo Escobar bought which was seized by the USA government. Taylor Swift is building a big house right next to it.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:32 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
I have managed to avoid taking the subway with rare exceptions since a hot summer several years ago that produced a series of unpleasant (to say the least) incidents ending with a lunatic wielding a knife and threatening everyone. As an able bodied but older New Yorker, I highly recommend it although I know for folks that have to go to work every day that’s pretty impossible.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:35 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I have managed to avoid taking the subway with rare exceptions since a hot summer several years ago that produced a series of unpleasant (to say the least) incidents ending with a lunatic wielding a knife and threatening everyone. As an able bodied but older New Yorker, I highly recommend it although I know for folks that have to go to work every day that’s pretty impossible.
Remind me of the below incident in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfUI_hETy0

Old 07-08-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
This is why i carpool in the AM and leave work at 4:30 to 4;45pm in the afternoon. (sadly, i have to take the train in the afternoon. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Remind me of the below incident in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfUI_hETy0
I remember this story. Insane how the media praised the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City