Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 03:13 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times

Advertisements

I agree AOC is not typical Bronx. She speaks with the white wanna-be “like like like.”
It’s nothing Bronx AT ALL

She’s not from a poor but middle class background. I wonder how her dad would feel if he’d be alive today - having gotten his family out of the Bronx and actually *working* for his success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 04:29 PM

139 posts, read 152,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Politicians are like WWE wrestlers. They play a character.

This lady lives in a luxury apt with 24/7 security guards in the lobby. She will be far removed if **** hits the fan.
Alright, I don't always agree with AOC, but if anyone needs 24/7 security guards, she does.

I admire the woman for even going out in public with the amount of crazies out there frothing at the mouth over her. Same goes for the rest of 'the squad' but I digress...

Old 10-11-2019, 09:47 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Young black men aren't noted drug addicts. With weed heading to legalization this will reduce stupid arrests of those who have a dusting of it in their pockets.

Now what about the ones with guns who harass middle aged women heading home at 2AM from their 3rd job? Or the baby sitting down in his mother's lap who got gunned down? Or the good black kid who attends college, and who has his cell phone snatched?

Funny thing is we never bother with the victims, most of whom are poor and black!

AOC is a white girl pretending to be a LatinX. NYers will soon tire of that hipster demographic.
The far left doesn't care about the fact most crime victims are poor and of color. The Tiffany Caban voter set can simply move away if NYC reverts to 1991.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:03 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromageball View Post
Alright, I don't always agree with AOC, but if anyone needs 24/7 security guards, she does.

I admire the woman for even going out in public with the amount of crazies out there frothing at the mouth over her. Same goes for the rest of 'the squad' but I digress...
What has she done for her district? All i hear from her is about climate, change, illegal immigrants, and Trump.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:53 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,155,294 times
Fuhhh. Build one big jail in Staten Island,near the landfill. It will be quick due process, as cops can just roll out of bed to testify.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:29 AM

201 posts, read 85,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
What has she done for her district? All i hear from her is about climate, change, illegal immigrants, and Trump.
She has just bitched about the Wall on the southern border (thousands of miles away) and other issues that are unrelated to the people of NYC.
Hm, I wonder what issue will make her super Angry next?

Old 10-12-2019, 06:14 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Decriminalize drug use and prostitutes, but double down hard on dealers & pimps. Incarceration is incarceration, if found guilty by the rule of law and sentenced to imprisonment, you have to do the time no if ands or buts.

AOC is a naive and reckless simpleton
Do not incarcerate non violent criminals. Drugs are available because users want them.

Unless a pimp is forcing someone to do prostitution (human trafficking) no need to criminalize them.

Lock Giuliani up in prison for his crimes, re the Ukraine.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Young black men aren't noted drug addicts. With weed heading to legalization this will reduce stupid arrests of those who have a dusting of it in their pockets.

Now what about the ones with guns who harass middle aged women heading home at 2AM from their 3rd job? Or the baby sitting down in his mother's lap who got gunned down? Or the good black kid who attends college, and who has his cell phone snatched?

Funny thing is we never bother with the victims, most of whom are poor and black!

AOC is a white girl pretending to be a LatinX. NYers will soon tire of that hipster demographic.
Well you can blame white racists for trapping Black people in ghettoes. And along those lines, as these forums make clear, since those middle aged women, the mother, or the "good" black kid, didn't get top city specialized schools and all go to Princeton and all live on the Upper East Side, who cares about them?

But I'm sure AOC is a proponent of gun control, and that will help with the gun violence.

But if you want to know the truth, precisely because of mass incarceration due to weed and/or other drug possession there are many parents who quite clearly are not around to take care of their children.

Ultimately, ask your conservative buddies to be more accepting of people who are poor and Black and that's how the problem goes away.

And for the record, probably most if not all "good" black kids have fairly close relatives very familiar with the criminal justice system. The same maybe true of many Puerto Ricans and this may very well be true of AOC. You're projecting your own considerable biases and prejudices onto her.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:08 PM

201 posts, read 85,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well you can blame white racists for trapping Black people in ghettoes. And along those lines, as these forums make clear, since those middle aged women, the mother, or the "good" black kid, didn't get top city specialized schools and all go to Princeton and all live on the Upper East Side, who cares about them?

But I'm sure AOC is a proponent of gun control, and that will help with the gun violence.

But if you want to know the truth, precisely because of mass incarceration due to weed and/or other drug possession there are many parents who quite clearly are not around to take care of their children.

Ultimately, ask your conservative buddies to be more accepting of people who are poor and Black and that's how the problem goes away.

And for the record, probably most if not all "good" black kids have fairly close relatives very familiar with the criminal justice system. The same maybe true of many Puerto Ricans and this may very well be true of AOC. You're projecting your own considerable biases and prejudices onto her.
Most Worthless Post of the Year Award right here folks.

Drinking any tonight?

What did you set out to accomplish with this?

Old 10-12-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post
Most Worthless Post of the Year Award right here folks.

Drinking any tonight?

What did you set out to accomplish with this?
Not at all.

Again all the conservatives here, who don't want Black people in their neighborhoods and who make it quite clear they don't, I guess they can rejoice when they woman's baby gets killed in gunfire, when the college student has his Iphone stolen, or when the old lady is harassed by hoodlums.

Don't even pretend to care when it's quite clear many of you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: