Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 03:42 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,734,981 times

Advertisements

Eventually IOT devices will be so cheap that every package will come with a GPS transmitter and then everything will be trackable to a few inches on earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 05:59 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,244,335 times
This doesn't surprise me. You all heard my many stories about my package issues. By biggest is the USPS. Bunch of crooked liars hiding behind their government jobs

Old 12-03-2019, 06:50 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,308,035 times
We ordered things for our office and it was supposed to arrive today. Delivery guy said he was too backed up, so they'll delivery tomorrow.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:59 PM

802 posts, read 1,368,743 times
People who deliver those packages are mostly responsible.
Either they steal it or they dont even bother ringing the bell or knocking on the door they just leave it somewhere in lobby or by the door.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,417,806 times
(Outside of the possiblity that package deliverers themselves could steal or misplace a parcel that you are expecting):

I never ever have paccels of any type sent to my home address.[/b] If it is UPS or FedEx (for instance) that the sending party is using for shipping the parcel to me, I always give them a UPS-authorized receival location (a dropoff point, whiich they tend to call a "UPS Access Point") or else a FedEx-authorized receival location. (NOTE: A UPS Store told me that if I have a UPS-delvered parcel sent to one of their stores, they would charge me a fee such as $10 or $12 or $15 or something like that, so I don't ever have any parcels sent to a UPS Store unless it is too-large such as furniture or a bicycle & I am willing to pay said fee . . . YET it doesn't appear that FedEx charges anything for you to receive a FedEx-delivered parcel at any one of their FedEx Office locations.

As to the U.S Postal Service, I don't thus far, know of any third-party locations that the USPS authorizes to receive USPS-delivered parcels; all I can think of is if USPS tries to deliver a parcel to your home address (or office or other address given to them) and the delivery is unsuccessful, you can direct them to hold it at the local post office for you. I suppose that with the U.S. Postal Service, you can also have something sent to your name with "c/o General Delivery" to have it sent to the post office for your city or town for you to pick up there.

And then, if ordering something from Amazon, I can have the Amazon-delivered parcel delivered to an Amazon Store or a Whole Foods Market (which are all owned by Amazon).

Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 PM

2,450 posts, read 974,633 times
90,000 seems like an impossible number. The NYT is claiming there are potential 90,000 crimes committed in NYC daily by tens of thousands of people. Bring back Broken Windows now. Bring back Stop & Frisk, not to look for weapons, to look for hidden packages.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:52 PM

2,450 posts, read 974,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
This doesn't surprise me. You all heard my many stories about my package issues. By biggest is the USPS. Bunch of crooked liars hiding behind their government jobs
They don't care.

Old 12-03-2019, 10:52 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,777,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm well aware, but that doesn't change what I said. The package can be damaged anywhere along the way.
What you said and what I quoted and responded to was your comment of knowing the fedex driver and that he makes sure it isn’t damaged. I was pointing out the driver isn’t really looking out for the package to be damaged or not.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:13 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,364,397 times
I remember where I used to live the building next to mine had a pretty good shot of someone coming into their building, grabbing a box or two and then walking back out---went directly to the car she came out of and drove off. They posted her picture all over the place but I don't think they ever caught her---made me think she came from elsewhere to do that and that she wasn't living in the area.

Once in awhile on NextDoor someone will post a shot of someone just walking by and grabbing a box right off of the street that was left by the delivery truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
My girlfriend's building is like that in the City. You come in and there are all of the packages in the lobby. One time someone apparently opened someone else's package by accident or took it and a note was left by the elevator asking for it to be returned before they went to management. lol There are cameras everywhere so management can see who took what. Don't know what happened with that :
I had someone in my building with the same first name and one time it looked like one of my packages had been opened and then taped back together. I was always suspicious that it was that person---like ordered something the same time, didn't really pay attention, grabbed the thing with that name and then, "WHOOPS."

Old 12-04-2019, 02:30 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,501,899 times
They could easily set up a sting squad for this, and catch some of them red handed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosun View Post
Police don't want to deal with it either as it creates paperwork for a crime they probably won't allocate any resources to solving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City