Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 07:57 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,563,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
In my opinion, if this was to happen to Mexican or Asian, no march would happen.

When an asian gets assaulted/murdered, its just a mugging gone wrong. Too much paperwork and more work for the NYPD to label it a hate crime, and there is no asian Al Sharpton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 07:59 AM

The biggest elephant in the room is the race of the perpetrators of these current antisemitic attacks.

Thats why I find it hilarious that Liberals/Deblasio is blaming Trump for all the antisemitic attacks. They must be all red hat MAGA loving Kanye fans.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:38 AM

30 posts, read 13,700 times
Black folks can be more physically intimidating by nature for some reason. But they have never attacked me in my whole life and I have been in some vulnerable situations. Overall in the USA, it is the whites and blacks that have been countrymen the longest, and white and black men have fought alongside eachother in plenty of wars now and in my opinion that matters (men fighting together united with the same purpose is a strong spiritual bond endured).

But I am watching over my shoulders now. If anybody came at me I have no problem fighting back and my bigger fear is that I will hurt them more in the end, or even kill them. But I would much rather just run away, because it is not personal. They are just brainwashed with hate that CUNY instilled into their minds, so they will just move on to find another random victim.

Why risk damaging my hands and skin and bones?

If somebody comes at me, I carry a weapon now, but I prefer smashing their bones with my elbow and then grabbing their skull when they are down smashing their skull into the ground until it breaks open. I don't care what skin color you have or where you came from, whether you were born in the Bronx, Bangladesh, or in Bulgaria, I do not care - you would being messing with the wrong guy.

I'd take that brainwashed racist CUNY-loving crackhead grads head by the neck and even if they damage my bones, I will at least break some of theirs too. At least I could rest easy in jail knowing there was one less CUNY student in the world.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,637,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill85 View Post
They are just brainwashed with hate that CUNY instilled into their minds, so they will just move on to find another random victim.
Huh? My girlfriend attends BMCC and while it's not NYU or Columbia, she's learning what she needs to. If anything, the writing/creative classes teach tolerance. Maybe your statement applies to some CUNY, I've never experienced the system myself, but it's way too broad for the general institution.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:16 AM

8,950 posts, read 4,831,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
The biggest elephant in the room is the race of the perpetrators of these current antisemitic attacks.

Thats why I find it hilarious that Liberals/Deblasio is blaming Trump for all the antisemitic attacks. They must be all red hat MAGA loving Kanye fans.
Yeah. What's up with that?
Can't blame Trump and his white supremacist buddies for this unless... you think they degraded the general tone of the populace to this.

Is it that in some areas where blacks and orthodox Jews lived in close proximity with each other, there has existed this underlying tension and resentment amongst the two groups? It spilled over during the Crown Heights riot way back when it was suspected that Jews were getting preferential treatment with the police, ems, etc. over blacks. Is there still some lingering tension/resentment?

Old 01-06-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. What's up with that?
Can't blame Trump and his white supremacist buddies for this unless... you think they degraded the general tone of the populace to this.

Is it that in some areas where blacks and orthodox Jews lived in close proximity with each other, there has existed this underlying tension and resentment amongst the two groups? It spilled over during the Crown Heights riot way back when it was suspected that Jews were getting preferential treatment with the police, ems, etc. over blacks. Is there still some lingering tension/resentment?

My theory is that when law and order mayors like Giuliani are in charge, thuggish behavior is suppressed.
When soft on crime Deblasio is charge, thugs knows its ok to slap a hasid without any significant consequence.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:25 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,128,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
People like this need to get out more. There's are two tall flag poles with a large confederate flags on I95 in Virginia. The community it's parallel to is Black.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2017/08/co...tay-landowner/

https://www.nbc12.com/story/34478403...95-in-chester/
They get out all the time in the South. They just don’t give a damn about NYC. You do know the South wanted to be it’s own nation. They lost the civil war, but they tend to politically dominate the club and don’t care about NYC at all.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:38 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,883,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
They get out all the time in the South. They just don’t give a damn about NYC. You do know the South wanted to be it’s own nation. They lost the civil war, but they tend to politically dominate the club and don’t care about NYC at all.
Dang Yankees have ruined the South.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:13 PM

3,770 posts, read 1,536,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
If an increase in hate crimes happened to whites, and whites marched in protest, the white marchers would be condemned for "white supremacy."
lol, it's funny because it's true. what a backwards country we live in...

Old 01-06-2020, 08:13 PM

615 posts, read 454,445 times
Their pets are getting restless and biting back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City